Eärwa Maps

• 154 Replies

Somnambulist

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Incontinent Water-bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 02, 2015, 05:51:16 pm »
Hmm you know, honestly I think I might prefer it without the trees.It seems to add a lot of clutter and im not a huge fan of how the trees look around the words

There's just no pleasing you, then  ;)

Composite 72 huh?

Just a reference to the method and resolution.  I have several versions floating around and neglected to name them properly before, so that was my attempt to not confuse myself further.

Thanks for the comments all around, guys.  When all is said and done, I'll probably have versions of both (with and without forests) so you can enjoy your particular flavor.  In the end, the 'final' will be about 30 x 21 (inches) at 300 dpi, which should make a nice poster size for those of you interested in printing it out.  Cheers.
No whistling on the slog!

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 02, 2015, 06:00:08 pm »
Hmm you know, honestly I think I might prefer it without the trees.It seems to add a lot of clutter and im not a huge fan of how the trees look around the words

There's just no pleasing you, then  ;)
that's that it looks like :P.

Composite 72 huh?
Thanks for the comments all around, guys.  When all is said and done, I'll probably have versions of both (with and without forests) so you can enjoy your particular flavor.  In the end, the 'final' will be about 30 x 21 (inches) at 300 dpi, which should make a nice poster size for those of you interested in printing it out.  Cheers.

:D awesome poster size.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Aural

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 22, 2015, 12:49:57 pm »
In case you want to add info from The False Sun,

To the west lay the River Sursa, whose rusty waters bloomed far into the Sea during day. Beyond it, the wastes of Agongorea plaited the horizon, chapped and cracked like untanned leather. Low mountains knotted the north and east, domes of bald granite rising from forested slopes: the hunchbacked Urokkas.

Nogaral stood upon the westernmost summit, Iros

I think those are the mountains near Dagliash.

Somnambulist

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 31, 2015, 04:18:45 am »
Kinda fell off this one, but it's always in the back of my mind.  Maybe after I finish of a few of the other things on my plate...

SilentRoamer

• The Smiling Knife
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 31, 2015, 09:33:05 am »
I'm going to report you to the imaginary guild of Cartographers for your lack of commitment to the mapping of an imaginary land in an imaginary series.

We will collectively start calling you the No-Cartographer.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 31, 2015, 12:29:32 pm »
I'm going to report you to the imaginary guild of Cartographers for your lack of commitment to the mapping of an imaginary land in an imaginary series.

Maybe that imaginary board will bar him from working on any other maps before he finishes this one. That will teach him a lesson.

Somnambulist

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 31, 2015, 07:03:43 pm »

Maybe that imaginary board will bar him from working on any other maps before he finishes this one. That will teach him a lesson.

I like No-Cartographer, but it doesn't roll off the tongue.  I require a better name.  WHO AM I?  Or maybe a better catch-phrase would be: WHERE AM I?

I learn no lesson before its time.  Let that be a lesson to you.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 31, 2015, 07:19:32 pm »
I like No-Cartographer, but it doesn't roll off the tongue.  I require a better name.  WHO AM I?  Or maybe a better catch-phrase would be: WHERE AM I?

I learn no lesson before its time.  Let that be a lesson to you.

lmao. you're amazing.

Somnambulist

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 31, 2015, 09:02:26 pm »
lmao. you're amazing.

The No-Cartographer likes this.  You shall be my Anti-Compass.  Your mission is to corrupt all maps of Man!  Call East 'shibby' and West 'shabam!' North will be 'winticky' and South 'epoloniphanimous!'  Erase all routes! Place cities in the wrong locations! Sow confusion and discord among all cartographers, for they are as tiny bugs upon the unmentionables of fair maidens!  None shall know from whence or to where they go!  The Cartographic Apocalypse is at hand!  ...what?  Where should you go to do my bidding?  Um... do you have a map?

Somnambulist

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 01, 2015, 12:19:15 am »
Sleep deprivation is real.  Let this be another lesson.  That is all.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 03, 2015, 12:46:29 pm »
Haha I like sleep deprived Somnambulist then. That was a good post.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 19, 2015, 01:57:41 pm »
One, I had no clue where to post this, but this seemed like the best place. Secondly, I don't know if this has been brought up before, but last night while looking at the map in the back of TWP, I noticed something.

It has to deal with all the cities and how they are marked. I was expecting a legend to be included in the map but there isn't, so I'm left to wonder. The cities that are populated are denoted with a square that is colored in. The ones that was destroyed during the apocalypse are denoted with a square and left blank. Now, Ishual, Golgottearath, Dagliash and Attrempus are all marked on the map with a cross. Why? What is it that they all have in common the Bakker would mark them as such?
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Somnambulist

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 19, 2015, 03:21:43 pm »
My take is that those places are fortresses as opposed to cities proper. 

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 19, 2015, 03:28:54 pm »
Ok, that makes sense. I was hoping there would be some hidden clue there, guess not, lol.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 19, 2015, 04:02:18 pm »
You should look through this thread msj. There a handful on map things of note like the map symbols.