• 3 Replies

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
    • First Second Apocalypse
« on: April 25, 2013, 06:06:07 pm »
Quote from: Li'l Mog
So in Achamian's last dream we see the final battle of the Apocalypse once again, but different. What do you all suspect is happening? Certainly, the dream is the first in a long series of subtly different dreams Achamian has, but what do you think that means?

Is the truth coming out at last, or is this all part of Kellhus's plan to further manipulate Achamian? Is the No-God somehow still alive, speaking to Achamian? If the dream reflects reality, when Anaxophus echoes the No-God what do you think is happening? Is it just something as simple as Anaxophus's mind being overtaken by Mog-Pharau's will like the sranc?

What are your thoughts on Achamian's final dream of the PoN?

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 06:06:20 pm »
Quote from: Madness
Arguably, the Dreams only start changing after Kellhus hypnotizes Achamian for the Gnosis.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 06:06:30 pm »
Quote from: BargiltheDestroyer
I believe it is stated in the beginning of TDTCB that Akka keeps a log of his dreams, as do many other Mandati, as the Dreams tend to vary.  I think he mentions that many Mandati over the ages have been driven a bit bonkers by attempting to interpret and analyze all these variations of the Dreams.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 06:06:42 pm »
Quote from: Madness
True. There were deviations. I think that hypnotism remains important to Achamian/Seswatha's metaphysical relationship though and I'm not sure the Dreams ever changed as drastically as they did at TTT's end.