mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« on: May 25, 2017, 06:25:33 pm »
Overlook Press will be giving away two Advanced Reader Copies of The Unholy Consult!  Make your predictions for the book!  Who will die?  How?  Who will live?  What secrets will be told?

Here’s how to enter:
- Create an account at www.second-apocalypse.com (if you don’t already have one).
- At www.second-apocalypse.com, scroll down to The Aspect-Emperor link and click and follow through to The Unholy Consult subforum.
- Select “The Unholy Consult Giveaway” thread.
- Post a response to the thread.  Make a prediction about what will happen in TUC!  Come back later for an “I told you so!”

Parameters:
- ONE entry per person.  You can post all you like but only ONE chance to win per person responding in the thread (even if you have more than one account).
- The contest is open from now until 5PM EST Thursday, June 1st.
- Winners will be contacted through a private message at www.second-apocalypse.com and by email (if you include your email with your account).

THERE WILL BE TWO WINNERS!  TWO ARCS!
SALVATION!

[EDIT Madness: Made one small adjustment to your instructions.]

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 06:27:34 pm »
We find out which prophecies are false and which are true.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

profgrape

• The Afflicted Few
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 06:29:53 pm »
Taken from the "Crazy Speculation Only" thread:

3. Kellhus will return to the Ordeal with Kelmomas (to keep him in hand) and Meppa (because Water).  Esme will stay behind to look after TTS.

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 06:30:13 pm »
Mimara will look upon Kellhus and he will be Damned!!!
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 06:30:28 pm »
[Redacted to spare the innocent.]

Kellhus becomes the Solitary God is my prediction.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 07:28:19 pm by H »
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

pail

• Nascenti
  • Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 06:32:58 pm »
The Great Ordeal is broken and destroyed at Golgotteroth. Achamian stands before the devastation, witnesses legions of Sranc defiling the corpses of the men of the Ordeal. Finally, in waking life, he sees his dreams come true...

The No-God reborn.

TELL ME...

The dread voice, screamed through the throats of a thousand thousand Sranc. The world is doomed. The Heron Spear is lost. The Ordeal has failed. The Three Seas lies in chaos, completely unprepared from the doom that is soon to come upon them. Utterly defeated, Achamian falls to his knees in despair...

DO YOU REMEMBER WHEN I SAID YOU WOULD KNEEL?

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 06:39:21 pm »
Shite, only one per person.

Haha, dude.

Kellhus becomes the Solitary God is my prediction.

In fairness H, I deleted my posts. Last year was 10 per person.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 06:41:45 pm »
In fairness H, I deleted my posts. Last year was 10 per person.

I was quick off the gun, I didn't recall that though because I wasn't in that thread last year.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2017, 06:42:17 pm »
Aw, don't delete posts.

MG did write that you can post as much as you want, your name only gets one chance. That was my small request to differ from last year's running.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wolfdrop

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2017, 06:43:09 pm »
Kellhus and Cnaiur have a showdown!

Jackehehe

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2017, 06:46:12 pm »
I expect Mimara to behold Kellhus, and she will see that he is damned. There will be a point about this in the book where the truthfulness of her judgement will be disputed; the judging eye reflects the judgement of the gods, whom naturally hate Kellhus. Akka will realize this and also realize the folly of his quest; the question still stands. is Kellhus good or evil?

I expect meppa to play an important part somehow. I read somewhere that magic in Earwa is like the following: the gnosis is like speaking in concrete words (it is easy to convey meaning), the anagosis is equivalent to the abstract usage of language, harder to convey meaning and thus less powerful than the gnosis whereas the water is pure emotion. All of these three parts are pivotal in our ways of communicating and im sure they will have to be wielded in common to stop the dread might of the consult!!

Hopper8r

• Emwama
  • Disciple of the Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2017, 06:56:08 pm »
Woe comes Chigra.....woe comes.

The Judging i

• Emwama
  • There is no such thing as a free lunch
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2017, 07:14:22 pm »
Nganka’kull ut Imbaroon is revealed to be the No-God.

Tivadar

• Nascenti
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2017, 07:16:47 pm »
Mimara regards Aurang and sees him as good.

Danylmc

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2017, 07:20:53 pm »
Legolas kills Paul Atreides with the sled G W F Hegel used as a child.