Fresh from the SRD-forum

• 7 Replies

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« on: September 28, 2016, 02:13:58 pm »
Hullo there,

After a long time lurking, after having read all the PON and TAS released so far, I'd like to join in the conversation.
Mystery denotes darkness

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 02:16:58 pm »
Hullo there,

After a long time lurking, after having read all the PON and TAS released so far, I'd like to join in the conversation.

Welcome, I have no idea what SRD is, but feel free to jump in, don't be intimidated, most of us are pretty aware that we are probably wrong (on a number of things).
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 02:36:38 pm »
Hullo there,

Welcome, I have no idea what SRD is, but feel free to jump in, don't be intimidated, most of us are pretty aware that we are probably wrong (on a number of things).

Hi, thanks. SRD stands for Stephen R. Donaldson. Author, well known for The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant. His superb Gap series is criminally underread.
Mystery denotes darkness

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 02:49:58 pm »
Hi, thanks. SRD stands for Stephen R. Donaldson. Author, well known for The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant. His superb Gap series is criminally underread.

Ah, I have never read any of those, so you are probably somewhat right at the least.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 03:01:08 pm »
The Gap Cycle has been brought up fairly often - for here - in our Literature subforum, Hiro :).

Also, welcome to the Second Apocalypse! I'm sorry it took so long to get you registered.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 03:38:15 pm »

Ah, I have never read any of those, so you are probably somewhat right at the least.

Certainly the Chronicles were a dark dark take on fantasy before that became trendy. The Gap, ahem, quite dark as well, in my recollection making use of the POV per chapter before I saw that again in a Game of Thrones. Plotwise and characterwise still among the most exciting things I've ever read.
Mystery denotes darkness

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2016, 03:39:01 pm »
The Gap Cycle has been brought up fairly often - for here - in our Literature subforum, Hiro :).

Also, welcome to the Second Apocalypse! I'm sorry it took so long to get you registered.

Good to be here at last. Thanks
Mystery denotes darkness

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2017, 05:07:01 pm »
Hullo there,

Hi Hiro!  I'm going to have to go back and reread SRD.  I felt so divided reading--i'm not sure exactly what made me love and hate book one, but it really provoked a strong response in my soul

WELCOME