[TV Spoilers] Game of Thrones (S8) [Warning: Open Spoilers]

• 251 Replies

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: August 22, 2017, 03:44:54 am »
I was really hoping that the Night King just killed them all, stupid asses.  If Gendry could run away, why wouldn't they go the same direction?

Really H?  You couldn't see the TONS of plot Armour on them? 

“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 22, 2017, 04:16:48 am »
Heh, the show is running headlong into the thicket of thorns of the westerosi knot. Martin took eleven years and was unable to untangle the meereenese knot and the show seems to believe that getting through the much more complex task of unifying all these storylines in preparation for the white walkers is best achieved as fast as possible as bulldozer as possible.

To be fair, since there is no more political conflict south of the neck, they're kind of forced to kludge through plot points as they no longer have political machinations and schemes to pad the time between plot events, it's somewhat to their credit not to have a bunch of directionless political scheming filler at this point, just direct faction on faction conflicts and alliances. Such a shame dany spent so much time in meereen which is what is creating this current plot bulldozer methodology.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #122 on: August 22, 2017, 12:59:37 pm »
Am I the only one who is looking forward to Cleganebowl?!
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 23, 2017, 10:36:32 am »
I was really hoping that the Night King just killed them all, stupid asses.  If Gendry could run away, why wouldn't they go the same direction?

Really H?  You couldn't see the TONS of plot Armour on them?

I saw it...just was hoping it would drag them to the bottom of that lake...
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 23, 2017, 01:14:40 pm »
Another 2 cents added to this bowl:

Plausibility is dead and buried, with no possible resurrection by White Walker. For the sake of spectacle or something, the plot and character engines have gone bust.
Mystery denotes darkness

Somnambulist

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Incontinent Water-bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 23, 2017, 02:17:42 pm »
This is pretty much a throw-away season that only exists to set up the final season.  DEM style all the way, all coherence and suspension of disbelief gone.  It's just silly.  IMO, anyway.
No whistling on the slog!

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 24, 2017, 12:42:37 pm »
Mystery denotes darkness

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 28, 2017, 04:44:26 am »
Mediocre episode. The final scene was amazing. The dialogue wasn't as bad as it can get, but nothing special otherwise.
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 28, 2017, 09:18:46 am »
The end was indeed amazing.

Know what your slaves believe, and you will always be their master.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 28, 2017, 11:08:14 am »
This episode really highlighted to me how little I actually care about the show anymore.  My wife was on the edge of her seat and I was laying back, I even fell asleep at one point.  The episode wasn't too bad, but also wasn't what I'd call great.

After, I figured out, in explaining to my wife, why the Night King is actually the hero (and why I just want the Night King to win):

1.) The Night King is a force of equality.  You don't see the dead fighting with each other, do you?  Nope, they just march all nice and orderly, no one is fucking around, or trying to do something stupid.

2.) The Night King doesn't fuck around.  He handles his shit.  He also doesn't waste time talking about doing shit, he just does it.

3.) The Night King doesn't waste shit.  Yep, he recycles.  Green as can be.

Also, my wife wanted to know why the Night King wants everyone dead.  Well, I figured it out:

The Night King just wants some peace and quiet.  He just wants everyone to quit fucking around and calm down.  He also wants everyone to just die, but that's because he also knows that Winter is coming and dead people can't starve.

So, my wife asked, what will The Night King so if he wins and everyone is dead?

The answer is obvious.  Sleep.  Finally.  In some god damn peace and quiet.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 28, 2017, 11:39:17 am »
And instead of The Consult guys the Night King doesn't rape any ass.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 28, 2017, 11:59:10 am »
And instead of The Consult guys the Night King doesn't rape any ass.

See, it gets better and better!  The Night King pretty much 100% guarantees to end rape.  And incest too, because you know how much people in Westeros are in to that...

If I wasn't lazy and uninspired, I'd make some "Good Guy Night King" memes.

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 28, 2017, 12:02:31 pm »
I truly prefer that the Night King wins than the lame alternative of dumb Jon/Aegon marrying Dany and ruling Westeros happily ever after.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 28, 2017, 12:21:32 pm »
I truly prefer that the Night King wins than the lame alternative of dumb Jon/Aegon marrying Dany and ruling Westeros happily ever after.

Yeah, I definitely agree there.

I am just so emotionally divested from the story and the characters at this point that I don't even care what happens to any of them, really.  I don' even recall most of the books at this point, I was already dispassionately reading them at AFFC.

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 28, 2017, 12:28:43 pm »
My worst fear is Martin will write the same shit in the books. I bet for that in the main lines, I think that only the details will be different.