H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 28, 2017, 12:43:59 pm »
My worst fear is Martin will write the same shit in the books. I bet for that in the main lines, I think that only the details will be different.

I think that is pretty likely.  When we realized that the show would severely outpace the books, I thought it was pretty likely that what we would see would be essentially the same end-game as the books, just taken us on a different path to get there.  With as much stuff as was left out of the show from ADWD and such, I think that is probably the fact of the matter: different window-dressing, same results.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 28, 2017, 12:47:29 pm »
Yes. Shitty end incoming for the books.
Know what your slaves believe, and you will always be their master.

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 28, 2017, 01:51:10 pm »
My worst fear is Martin will write the same shit in the books. I bet for that in the main lines, I think that only the details will be different.
God,  please not that. It will be a massive waste of time if that happened.I am holding hope that the books will continue being decent, show doesn't have anything to do with the books anymore for me. Just the names ( And even that is doubtful after last episode. ) are similar.
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 28, 2017, 01:59:06 pm »
And George remains silent. I think that he will not end WOW before 2019.
I am fucking tired of ASOIAF, I start reading the books in 2005, too much time to be stuck in this point (fuck the 5 years gap and the meereenese knot).
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 02:28:51 pm by Woden »

TLEILAXU

• Old Name
  • Exalt-Smiter of Theories
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 28, 2017, 04:46:42 pm »
That's implying GURM will ever finish the last two books

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 28, 2017, 05:06:49 pm »
I hope that he at least will finish WoW (maybe in 2019), but with DoS I haven't the same hope.

It seems (for what he posts in his Not-a-blog) the he's now more devoted to his Targaryen History Book than to WoW. And that is very likely because if HBO is going to make a spin-off Martin will want to at least give them some material to work from.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 28, 2017, 05:09:09 pm »
I hope that he at least will finish WoW (maybe in 2019), but with DoS I haven't the same hope.

It seems (for what he posts in his Not-a-blog) the he's now more devoted to his Targaryen History Book than to WoW. And that is very likely because if HBO is going to make a spin-off Martin will want to at least give them some material to work from.

Honestly, as crappy as it is, he should just give up on fixing the shit storm he made of the books and write that.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 28, 2017, 05:17:29 pm »
Yes, if he truly believes that he should do it.
But I think that he is a kind of optimistic compulsive man and he's still believing that he will be able to square the circle.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 02:34:33 pm by Woden »

SrancHammer

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 28, 2017, 08:53:07 pm »
Anybody else feel something big happened between Cersei and Tyrian that we didn't see? The scene with him creeping in the hallway while Danny and Jon made inbred baby's seemed odd, like he was sad about something, my initial thought was betrayal but I can't see that happening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #144 on: August 28, 2017, 09:55:14 pm »
I always liked the implication that Martin was going to go full Lovecraft with the books.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 29, 2017, 01:52:18 pm »
Mediocre episode. The final scene was amazing. The dialogue wasn't as bad as it can get, but nothing special otherwise.

Well...mediocre is a gentle assessment. I do have great issues with the dialogue. That Bran and Sam scene, for instance, the dialogue is so on the nose, and the jokes are so forced, shudder.

Another example, the Hound just walking up to the Mountain to have his say. Was that really the most organic way they could conceive of...?

Visually, absolutely amazing, from Drogon carrying Dany into the Dragonpit to the Ice-Dragon. Plot and character-wise? See my previous comments.

:(
Mystery denotes darkness

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 01, 2017, 09:24:09 pm »
Mystery denotes darkness

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 01, 2017, 09:48:04 pm »
Excellent article. I agree with all its conclusions. I don't expect the great finale that the saga deserves, I expect only a shitty end. And even if Jon has to sacrifice Dany to destroy the Others (as we can infer with the story of Azor Ahai) or viceversa it will be shitty for me, because I want cruel death to all this fucking dumb Starkgaryens.

I specially hate the fact that all the characters that use the intellect to rise to power are all dead by now, Tywin, Littlefinger, Olena Tyrell... (we have the exception of Sansa who has finally learned to use whats inside her beautiful head). The message is pretty disappointing: be brave and you will win, you don't have to use your wits, only to be pretty and bold, and Sam will produce a book that says you are a fucking Targaryen or Tyrion will rule for you while you can burn people who don't like you, and sure finally you will roast the Night King's ass with your dragons (in a battle without any militar sense - I bet for that) and you can happily rule over Westeros banging your relatives and having normal and not retard babies ever after.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 10:00:13 pm by Woden »

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 08, 2017, 06:10:16 am »
http://www.gamesradar.com/did-you-spot-this-night-kingbran-easter-egg-in-the-game-of-thrones-season-7-finale/

Don't know how many of you have seen this, but thought it pretty cool. Maybe, the "bitter-sweet" ending GRRM always talks about is that Jon Snow will have to kill Bran to save Westeros from the long-night?

[EDIT Madness: Fixed.]
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 03:04:35 pm by Madness »
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 08, 2017, 10:22:19 am »
http://www.gamesradar.com/did-you-spot-this-night-kingbran-easter-egg-in-the-game-of-thrones-season-7-finale/

Don't know how many of you have seen this, but thought it pretty cool. Maybe, the "bitter-sweet" ending GRRM always talks about is that Job Snow will have to kill Bran to save Westeros from the long-night?

Pfff.
Maybe Bran is the Night King, but if Jon has to kill him and nobody else dies and he can live happily ever after fucking his aunt it will not be a bittersweet ending but one for a crappy romantic love story. A gargantuan smoking shit.

I expect to see dead at least: Jon or Dany (the two would be better, of course), Bran (being the Night King or not), Arya, two Lannisters at gusto, some squids, the rest of the Martel, and a bunch of secundaries.
But I want the Hound and ser Jorah to survive.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 10:26:43 am by Woden »