Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #105 on: August 15, 2017, 03:03:59 pm »
It's interesting to think but they put more money into doing less episodes and really all they've bought themselves is poor writing. I think that decision alone has handicapped this show entirely.

I actually liked the episode, I thought there were plenty of great moments, but for more Drogon, a Nymeria, and her real-life trained wolves, and Ed Sheeran this season, I feel the writers did themselves a disservice and could've written better without paying more for those episode-count limiting features.

This season is basically plotted now. The Westerosi Avengers are going to succeed, possibly even being saved directly by Daenerys and Dragons. One of the dragons is going to die, killed the by the White Walkers. Cersei will be presented with a chained Undead and still disbelieve. Jaime might kill Cersei and bend the knee. Euron will fuck over humanity by still continuing the human war and probably take one of the other Dragons with the Horn/raise the Kraken (but you know, then be dealt with in the first two of six episodes in season eight). Sansa will usurp Jon in the North but Jon will think it's a good thing. Arya is going to kill Littlefinger after discrediting him.

I expect some surprises and big deaths - maybe even Danearys or Jon - but I imagine that the Wall coming down and humanity being united against of the White Walkers - minus Euron being an insane dick - is how this season ends.

The writers should have trusted themselves rather than trying to trump story with spectacle.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 03:05:53 pm by Madness »
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 16, 2017, 03:50:59 pm »
Apparently episode 6 was leaked too. At this point, I am pretty sure that this forum have better internet protection than HBO.
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

- Chronicler of the Chroniclers

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 16, 2017, 04:14:28 pm »
It was leaked last night by a mistake of the spanish tv platform. Lol.
 I was able to see it during the scarce hours it was available.
And I can say it was a great episode, although predictable.
Know what your slaves believe, and you will always be their master.

Somnambulist

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Incontinent Water-bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 16, 2017, 04:29:39 pm »
Just my 2 cent observation on this season so far: I understand they're trying to get all the pieces in place, hence everyone 'fast-traveling' everywhere in Westeros.  The final season will be all about the war.  I get it.  But... the white walkers are STILL on the other side of the Wall. Still. On.  The.  Other.  Side.  Of.  The.  Wall.  What, they don't have the fast-travel option?  You only get it once you've been to a location already?  Skyrim Forever!

(sigh)
No whistling on the slog!

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 16, 2017, 05:09:47 pm »
Just my 2 cent observation on this season so far: I understand they're trying to get all the pieces in place, hence everyone 'fast-traveling' everywhere in Westeros.  The final season will be all about the war.  I get it.  But... the white walkers are STILL on the other side of the Wall. Still. On.  The.  Other.  Side.  Of.  The.  Wall.  What, they don't have the fast-travel option?  You only get it once you've been to a location already?  Skyrim Forever!

(sigh)

Yeah Euron has sailed from coast to coast in one episode and the others are taking 4 series to walk from the fist of first men to Eastwatch.

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 16, 2017, 05:57:55 pm »
Well, this time I am holding out until Sunday to see it in a better resolution. Even if Madness says that it's better than TUC.
“The thoughts of all men arise from the darkness. If you are the movement of your soul, and the cause of that movement precedes you, then how could you ever call your thoughts your own? How could you be anything other than a slave to the darkness that comes before?”

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 16, 2017, 06:22:43 pm »
Well, this time I am holding out until Sunday to see it in a better resolution. Even if Madness says that it's better than TUC.
Nope. Found it subtitled and in 720p. No waiting for me.

Redeagl

• Great Name
  • Pun Master
  • WHAT AM I ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 17, 2017, 05:36:38 am »
It is shit.
Edited to add: I really hope that this episode was just a bland prank.
Edit 2: The episode really ruined the season for me.... It made me even hate the last few episodes that I loved. I mean, Davos joking with Tyrion about the death of his children.... The fuck?  I feel like a Westerosi ( The forum, not actual Westeros. ) .
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 06:30:21 am by Redeagl »

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 17, 2017, 10:14:01 am »
All I can say is Pheidippides and boy a westerosi Raven is faster than both an African or European Swallow.

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 17, 2017, 11:12:38 am »
All I can say is Pheidippides and boy a westerosi Raven is faster than both an African or European Swallow.

Faster than amazon.es indeed.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #115 on: August 21, 2017, 05:10:29 pm »
I thought this last episode was fine. I don't share the plotting criticisms (not necessarily here) that others seem to.

Lol, damn, did I call it last week. Also, how is it none of the spoilers I saw online mentioned the goddamn Undead Polar Bear?!

At least I know this whole sequence will be better paced and written when Martin gets to it, even if I didn't like his writing as a teenager.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #116 on: August 21, 2017, 05:17:24 pm »
I was really hoping that the Night King just killed them all, stupid asses.  If Gendry could run away, why wouldn't they go the same direction?
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

SrancHammer

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 21, 2017, 07:59:38 pm »
Anybody else on board with the idea bran might be the night king? Seems fitting to me. "A song of ice and fire" Danny we all know is fire, the night king is ice, Jon snow is half fire (targayian) and ice (stark) so for symbolisms sake shouldn't the night king be a stark? Having bran potentially warg back in time in an effort to stop the creation of the night king may inadvertently make him the night king. Seems like a nice balance in my eyes. Targayian-targayian/stark-stark. Fire-fire/ice-ice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 21, 2017, 08:06:26 pm »
I saw a video on youtube with that theory yesterday. It is cool, but honestly I don't believe it's true.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 21, 2017, 09:58:19 pm »
Brandon Stark is the Night King. Bran is short for Brandon. Is this just supposed to be a play on words or something? Bran obviously isnt the Night King, that's a very weak theory of I've ever heard one.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,