H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« on: June 01, 2016, 12:45:20 pm »
Check it out, if you’re interested. Help it out if you can. I’ll be writing the Foreword as well as providing a short story–an Uster Scraul tale, I’m thinking at the moment.

Did a google search which returned no results, and a search on TSA forum, also none. I’d do a search here but I don’t know how, targeting google to this site gives nothing as well (except this post).

WHO IS USTER SCRAUL?

Those who’ve read TGO know. Sorry to be cryptic…

I'm totally clueless.  Where is this person mentioned?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 04:32:03 pm by Madness »
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 01:02:11 pm »
I had a hunch and I was right, took me a bit to find it though:

"Ûster Scraul, a thin, stammering Kurigalder called "the Bard" for his eloquence in battle."

He is one of Saubon's captains, he is mentioned on page 132 of the ARC.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 01:09:02 pm by H »
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Hirtius/Pansa

• The Afflicted Few
  • Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 01:08:33 pm »
"He turned, saw that Mepiro, Bogyar, Scraul and the others were laughing—laughing because he was laughing, Saubon realized."

"His angular Shieldbearer, Uster Scraul, was the lone defector. Ever odd, he stood with his shoulders square to the spectre to Ingol heaving over the northeastern wall, with only his face turned to the pluming ejecta. However incidental his pose, his look exposed a soul roundly stumped, not by what he witness—the eyes would have to be focused—but by what he did not, by the crushing sun."

"The Knights of the Desert Lion chopped at what seemed a copse of nightmarish trees about him.  Saubon glimpsed Scraul turn too late to a dropping cudgel, vanish beneath it, even as Bogyar's battleaxe struck the miscreant's basin skull."

I would guess that we are getting an origin story for this guy's recruitment in Saubon's elite cohort.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 01:27:35 pm »
I would guess that we are getting an origin story for this guy's recruitment in Saubon's elite cohort.

Or, perhaps how he got his nick-name?

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 12:16:01 am »
Awesome
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 03:50:31 am »
Yeah, that's really cool :).

Nice catch, H.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly