Earwa > The White-Luck Warrior

Quotes worth quoting: The Wikiquote project

<< < (2/3) > >>

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---"Sranc... Weapons of an ancient war, ranging a dead world." - (WLW, p449): The thing-that-was-Soma.
--- End quote ---

SkiesOfAzel:
"I remember... I remember asking a wise man, once... though whether it was last year or a thousand years ago I cannot tell. I asked him, 'Why do Men fear the dark?' I could tell he thought the question wise, though I felt no wisdom in asking it. 'Because darkness,' he told me, 'is ignorance made visible.' 'And do Men despise ignorance?' I asked. 'No,' he said, 'they prize it above all things—all things!—but only so long as it remains invisible.'"

-Cleric, The Judging Eye, Ackamian POV.

Wilshire:
Maybe he was talking to Kellhus ;)

Somnambulist:

--- Quote from: Wilshire on March 27, 2014, 04:24:50 pm ---Maybe he was talking to Kellhus ;)

--- End quote ---

Damn, definitely sounds like something Kel would say, or another dunyain at least.  Maybe Ajencis.

SilentRoamer:
This pretty much sums Cnaiurs attitude up early books prior to him going more mental.

"You are all staggering drunks to me. Boys who would play at war when you should kennel with your mothers. You know nothing of war. War is dark. Black as pitch. It is not a God. It does not laugh or weep. It rewards neither skill not daring. It is not a trial of souls, nor the measure of wills. Even less is it a tool, a means to some womanish end. It is merely the place where the iron bones of the earth meet the hollow bones of men and break them.

You have offered me war, and I have accepted. Nothing more. I will not regret your losses. I will not bow my head before your funeral pyres. I will not rejoice at your triumphs. But I have taken the wager. I will suffer with you. I will put Fanim to the sword, and drive their wives and children to the slaughter. And when I sleep, I will dream of their lamentations and be glad of heart.”

The bolds are my favourite parts but the whole quote is typical Cnaiur. You can just imagine how physically dominating he would have been in that scene.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version