Scheduled Downtime

• 28 Replies

mostly.harmless

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2020, 05:43:15 pm »
We're working on it, fair person. Be patient with us.

Also, since the Egora won't currently accept links, I found three of 7-9 generations of hats for everyone's enjoyment: https://ibb.co/5nMvgVn

Edit: And yes, unapologetically, that is Scraggles, who I've had since three, and Stripe, who I've had since six, in the background. They've literally travelled Canada and a bit of Asia with me.

All right, thanks. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything I had to do different from my side.

Are those the names of the teddy bear and blanket? :D

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2020, 06:55:05 pm »
The teddy bear is Scraggles. The skunk Beanie Baby on his lap is Stripe (because I didn't like the tagged name of "Stinky" when I was six).

;)
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2020, 07:05:48 pm »
Can anybody go through the available admin panels and look for the settings that control all that? It's likely that they are there, it sounds like something that should be customizable.

I'm working on combing the html, or whatever it is, to see if I can find something about character limits for posts/messages/etc. No luck so far.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Dora Vee

• Kijneta
  • The quest--it is your master.
    • View Profile
    • Divinesong
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2020, 04:56:22 am »
There have been posting errors for me. :(
Faith is the truth of passion. Since no passion is more true than another, faith is the truth of nothing.   
                          -Ajencis, the fourth analytic of man

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2020, 09:16:42 pm »
There have been posting errors for me. :(
Brief posts are OK.  If you have a long post, or one with a lot of markup (tags, urls) you will have to break it up into multiple posts for now, unfortunately.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2020, 03:49:06 pm »
I stumbled on this, not sure if it might help solve the issue: https://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=567764.0
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2020, 06:40:44 pm »
Note: all the diacritics seem completely fucked.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2020, 09:09:30 pm »
New error, or at least newly discovered since I don't normally hit New Replies but clicked it on accident. Was redirected to this page:

DATABASE ERROR
Expression #1 of ORDER BY clause is not in SELECT list, references column 'saproduction.t.id_last_msg' which is not in SELECT list; this is incompatible with DISTINCT
File: /var/www/www.second-apocalypse.com/Sources/Recent.php
Line: 1105

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.17, while your database is at version 2.0.4. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2020, 03:32:06 pm »
New error, or at least newly discovered since I don't normally hit New Replies but clicked it on accident. Was redirected to this page:

DATABASE ERROR
Expression #1 of ORDER BY clause is not in SELECT list, references column 'saproduction.t.id_last_msg' which is not in SELECT list; this is incompatible with DISTINCT
File: /var/www/www.second-apocalypse.com/Sources/Recent.php
Line: 1105

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.17, while your database is at version 2.0.4. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Well, I would certainly know how to fix this error if given access to the database calling code ( it's either from application call to the database or stored code in the database ). If a patch fixes this, then it's 50/50 it can be fixed in the code ( meaning the code could be fine as written, but triggering a database bug ).
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

SmilerLoki

• Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2020, 03:31:21 pm »
Ah, this pretty much explains everything, the upgrade wasn't finished.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2020, 04:37:48 pm »
Thank you both for your comments. Still working on contacting Sovin, but I'll be sure to bring it up.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2020, 06:50:42 pm »
Thanks to SmilerLoki, there have been some fixes to problems that have been plaguing the forum for months. The message box up front should work properly now (limited to 1024 characters rather than 60ish), and we should be able to properly use special character in posts.

Thanks again SmilerLoki.

That said, if other issues arise, please let us know.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2020, 01:00:27 am »
I still can't download a database from SMF and I noticed it takes quite a bit of time to clear after we've rejected Spam-Sranc before the pending users notation disappears.

Thanks again for all you guys have done.
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

SmilerLoki

• Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2020, 01:59:07 am »
I still can't download a database from SMF and I noticed it takes quite a bit of time to clear after we've rejected Spam-Sranc before the pending users notation disappears.

Thanks again for all you guys have done.
I've left a possible explanation for this and other such errors and peculiarities in the quorum channel of the Discord server. It's not super secret or anything, but I don't wanna leave a permanent visible record of it all the same.