Earwa > The Warrior-Prophet

Aurang or Aurax?

<< < (2/2)

mrganondorf:
with Bakker's prankish 'unreliability of texts' i guess the guy at the end of TWP could be someone altogether different? 

it's always bugged me that the Inchoroi would be so hellbent on fighting the Nonmen when their ultimate goal is to avoid damnation.  it makes me think that the Inchoroi have or hope to have some means of calling their own back from the dead.  merhaps the Inchoroi at the end of TWP is dread Sil!

H:
Well, considering what will happen to their souls upon death, I don't know that they want to take the risk of dying and being brought back.

I think they fought the Nonmen mainly because they were attempting to reduce the world the the 144,000.

Wilshire:

--- Quote from: profgrape on July 19, 2015, 10:11:25 pm ---Searching through the e-books, Aurax isn't mentioned until TTT. And then in only a historical context.

--- End quote ---

This makes me think its remained unnamed because it was Aurax. If it was Aurang, i believe it would have been mentioned. The shepard must tend his flock, and with his brother down south he had to go and check out the puny humans himself.

The Sharmat:
I maintain it was Aurax. Aurang is pretty busy shadowing the holy war to also commit to a half-continent wide search for any trace of the Dunyain while also frequently leaving his body completely inert in the wild tying up an unknown number of Maengaecca sorcerers.

--- Quote from: H on July 17, 2015, 07:47:09 pm ---If Kellhus was lying, I feel Aurang would have been quick to point out how little he actually knew.

--- End quote ---
I think by then Aurang had taken Cnaiur seriously enough to indulge Kellhus' ignorance.

Bolivar:
Yeah I moved away from it being Aurang's for sure on our TJE reread, where the panels in Cil-Aujas show all the Inchoroi have the look Aurang has had for milennia. With the differences I noted in the OP, I'm leaning a bit more towards Aurax here.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version