[TGO Excerpt Spoilers] The Great Ordeal ARC Giveaway

• 285 Replies

Conditioned

• Emwama
  • Instructions: blather, rinse, repeat if necessary.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 08, 2016, 08:56:58 pm »
Question: Wtf exactly is the Nail of Heaven?

Question: Is big daddy Moe playing Kellhus like Kellhus plays the world?

Question: Will Mimara's pregnancy end in a stillbirth as Achamian suggested/what impact will the birth have on TAE?

Punkhazard

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 08, 2016, 09:29:21 pm »
Question: Is Koringhus really Kellhus' son?

W00tard

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 08, 2016, 10:14:19 pm »
Prediction:  We will learn further tenets of Dunyain philosophy re: the Logos.

rutiger

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 08, 2016, 11:29:15 pm »
I want to find out the ultimate fate of Cnaiur urs Skiotha, Chieftan of the Utemot, Most Violent of All Men, Breaker of Horses and Men, and possible Vessel of Gilgaol.  I refuse to believe he died, at least in the sense we understand it.

rutiger

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 08, 2016, 11:30:18 pm »
Prediction: a connection between the Nail of Heaven and the Incu-Holoinas will be revealed.

Erratic Halaroi

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 09, 2016, 12:47:01 am »
Hello All,

Reading the site for years - first time posting - will do most anything to get an early copy of TGO. First, my thanks to everyone who has posted their thoughts and theories on the series thus far. They have been quite enjoyable to read and ponder as we have waited for the additional books to be published - the slog of slogs indeed.  My thanks to all for making the slog informative and enjoyable.

My first question (my apologies if someone has already posted this and I didn't see it) - Has Kellhus grasped, or on the verge of grasping, the absolute?  Does the "there is a head on a pole behind you" scene with Kellhus seem like he was being sized up by the a (the?) god? Was this god taking stock of an enemy...or was it an invitation to join him and partake of things a god partakes of? The god was clearly in control, but it seems Kellhus was witness to a perspective of the outside not many (if any) other human has been witness to. Is this what grasping the absolute looks like? 

CondYoke

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 09, 2016, 12:49:20 am »
Question- Is the Tenke still viable?

CondYoke

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 09, 2016, 12:56:16 am »
Prediction- Cnaiur has already achieved Godhood ahead of Kellhus.

Erratic Halaroi

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 09, 2016, 01:46:33 am »
I am not so bold as to outright predict anything that may come from Bakker - but I am just bold enough to ask questions that imply my predictions. :)

Question - Is the Inverse Fire true damnation, or something the Inchoroi brought upon themselves (and with them to Earwa via the Ark) for their actions/beliefs/questionable life-style choices? It's believed (known?) that sorcery leads to damnation but is it Inverse Fire damnation, or a completely different flavor of damnation entirely? Do the Inchoroi truly have the only real window into what damnation looks like...in the middle of their ship that they traveled from world to world on? This is outside of Kellhus and his, what I am interpreting as, taste of godhood...or "grasping the absolute" in Dunyain speak.         

Michael Murden

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 09, 2016, 02:17:57 am »
Psatma Nannaferi will confront Kellhus.

Michael Murden

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 09, 2016, 02:20:32 am »
Will Mimara become a witch?

Michael Murden

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 09, 2016, 02:43:55 am »
Sorweel will have a sexual relationship with Serwa... and Kayutas.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #132 on: June 09, 2016, 02:51:13 am »
Lol - you all are straining my ability to keep up ;D.

So, with apologies to anyone I might've missed, welcome back, Wolfdrop, Gorgorotterath, Conditioned, Walter, mostly.harmless, and W00tard and welcome to the Second Apocalypse, DracostarA, William R, CondYoke, rutiger, Char Aznable, Sparrow, CloseCall, Hegemond, and Erratic Halaroi.

Hello All,

Reading the site for years - first time posting - will do most anything to get an early copy of TGO. First, my thanks to everyone who has posted their thoughts and theories on the series thus far. They have been quite enjoyable to read and ponder as we have waited for the additional books to be published - the slog of slogs indeed.  My thanks to all for making the slog informative and enjoyable.

Thanks, Erratic Halaroi. Very unique individuals seem to congregate to Bakker's writings. Well met.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Michael Murden

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 09, 2016, 03:03:55 am »
Mimara's baby will eventually rule the Three Seas.

Michael Murden

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 09, 2016, 03:07:20 am »
Achamian will meet Kellhus, and he will not kneel.