H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2016, 06:16:30 pm »
I'm not convinced Anagke is really a god. I think some of the gods exist, obviously, but some are just personifications of worldly things. Fate, specifically, seems unlikely to exist. A god of fate would/should be the most powerful god. It should controlling everything, all of time, etc.

Anagke is an idea, imo. Not a god.

I don't know, I think Anagke can be a god and still not be all-powerful, because you are worshiping the idea that the chain of cause and effect isn't broken.  Of course it is, so there are limits to the approach.  Just as the Logos isn't all powerful, Fate need not be either.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2017, 02:36:57 pm »
Its difficult to wrap my brain around a meaningful world.

I've been drifting away from 'oh shit, there are gods everywhere' to 'yeah maybe some stuff is Gods, but does that mean everything has to be?'. Not because its necessarily more correct, just easier for me to think about.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Simas Polchias

• Kijneta
  • Consult Fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2017, 01:06:49 am »
Fate, specifically, seems unlikely to exist. A god of fate would/should be the most powerful god. It should controlling everything, all of time, etc.
But Azathoth! Also, dunyain among humans = fate gods among, emm, more baseline gods?
Oh, and I`m actually ashamed of my "swoop in, drop mischievous comment, run!" behaviour.

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2017, 12:52:23 pm »
Lmao, thanks SP :)

Azathoth made me think of Malazan, and then you went on to stack different levels of gods onto eachother and I had nowhere to go lol.
One of the other conditions of possibility.