General > News/Announcements

More Subforums

(1/8) > >>

Phallus Pendulus:
Am I the only who would like more subforums, or at least a reorganization of the ones we have?

I'm talking mostly about "Misc Chatter". It's far too wide, and feels like a mess cause it spans so many different topics. At least, the Eärwa questions and the philosophy/science threads shouldn't be lumped together in "Misc Chatter". When I look at the home page, I'd like to see the newest posts in philosophy/science without having to go into sub-sub-subforums.

(The otherwise-shitty westeros.org at least has a "Gen Chat" subforum totally separate from the ASOIAF-related topics. Madness could do the same thing here.)

Madness:
Lol - is it wrong that I expected this post to be satirical?

To be fair, you're actually the first person I've read with a desire for more subforums on the main page.

I'm sure the spreading out of "Gen. Chat" is easily done but for my vote they'd be moved to the bottom of the categories (under Other or something)...

However, I do what I can to reflect communal consensus. I'd like to see a couple more forumers chime in here. Especially, on the topic of theme within Misc. Chatter because on Second Apocalypse 1.0, I'd (as one member among others) advocated for no Earwa topics in Misc. Obviously, the community decided otherwise.

Royce:
Lol, I think it is fine as it is. I spend most of my time in "misc" and have never thought that it needs to be improved.

whether new posts are one click away or two, does not make my blood boil with rage. Lazy yes, but not that lazy.

Wilshire:
Wish I could have weighed in earlier, though a whole 4 days isn't so late. I've been working 16 hours days so I haven't had the time to check my favorite site.

Anyway, Misc Chatter has 5 subforums already, which seems like plenty to me. However, it might still make sense to reorganize it. Really all the subforums under that are non-Earwa threads except for the base one. Of course it would be nice to get more than 4 or 5 opinions though :P.

I wouldn't be opposed to naming the base Misc Chatter to something more Earwa-related, but keeping the rest of the subforums lumped together like that.

I'd skeptical about adding too many subforums in general though. We don't want to scare people from posting because by making it frustrating to figure out which forum is best to place their thoughts. There should certainly be a kind of "catch-all" forum, and keeping it Earwa-free would be fine with me.

What about:
1) Moving Philosophy & Science, The Forum of Interesting Things , Writing, Literature , and RPG Discussion down to the bottom of the page, call it the General Discussion forum, and make it's header something like "Other topics(Non-Earwa)", and

2) Move Misc. Chatter out of "general discussion", with no subforums, and moving it down to Earwa underneath Atrocity Tales. This can remain the "catch-all" Earwa thread that it is now, but it will still have the effect your looking for.

Aural:

--- Quote from: Wilshire on December 20, 2013, 09:00:47 pm ---What about:
1) Moving Philosophy & Science, The Forum of Interesting Things , Writing, Literature , and RPG Discussion down to the bottom of the page, call it the General Discussion forum, and make it's header something like "Other topics(Non-Earwa)", and

2) Move Misc. Chatter out of "general discussion", with no subforums, and moving it down to Earwa underneath Atrocity Tales. This can remain the "catch-all" Earwa thread that it is now, but it will still have the effect your looking for.

--- End quote ---

I don't know if anyone cares for what I have to say at this point but I'll just note that I support this idea. I still find it a bit strange for general Eärwa talk to be lumped in with other Misc. topics under one forum, and I assume some newcomers have as well.

It would be better IMHO to have a 'General Earwa' forum (with no subs) at the top of the Earwa talk as you've outlined in point no. 2, which is similar btw to what the Westeros people have done with their ASOIAF board.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version