General > News/Announcements

Book Tour

(1/7) > >>

geoint:
Does Bakker usually do tours when he releases books?  I got to see GRRM when book 5 came out (total disappointment) and had him sign my old kindle case with a sharpie lol.  Id be willing to drive quite a ways for to let my nerdy inner fanboy get an autograph and a pic with Kellhus I mean Scott    :-[

SilentRoamer:
Yeah that would be great. If he came to the UK I would take some time off and get a hotel nearby so I could shake the guys hand and pry some teases from him (before I went home and devoured TUC).

Garet Jax:
I am not confident that his books have made enough $ for him to do a release tour...

...The amount of money I would pay to meet the man and buy him a beer.

EDIT: Unless we all plan our own  trip to Canada or create a kick starter campaign, I think the outlook looks a little bleak.

Wilshire:
Not that I've heard of. He seldom does public appearances but I imagine that if something comes up it will certainly be posted here. He doesn't seem particularly outgoing in terms of selling/promoting his books, so I'd really be surprised if he did an official tour.

geoint, the money thing is pretty much going to be decided by this time next year. With his all his planned book releases in the upcoming year, he will know if it is something that he can afford to do full time. I'd guess if he is successful enough in the next year, we might have a tour of some kind, but even then its not particularly likely.

Save up some money to make a trip to Canada. If he ever shows up, that's where it will be.

Bolivar:
I just don't think he could draw in the crowds to make it worthwhile. I know Daniel Abraham had one recently that was limited to a very small region around his home and attendees said there was really like no one there.

I would help fund/coordinate something if we wanted to plan some kind of small meet up once TUC is released though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version