[TUC Spoilers] Serwa and Kelmomas

• 38 Replies

Woden

• Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2017, 09:54:55 am »
Good post. I thought the same when I read it.
Know what your slaves believe, and you will always be their master.

Monkhound

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2017, 03:42:19 pm »
Nice post,  Mandos
 In that light there's also still the Nonman song about the 99 living as gods which remains unresolved. The numbers 99 and 100 seem to have some meaning.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 03:45:28 pm by Monkhound »
Cuts and cuts and cuts...

Nemojbatkastle

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2017, 08:49:00 pm »
Hi Ordealpeople

Since it come up in this thread & in lieu of starting a new one, anyone have any ideas how Kelmomas physically got into the Golden Room? I know it's been discussed the Serwë skinspy snatching him up some point, which I don't remember happening. Barring that, my assumption is he was trailing in Ajokis' footsteps, and can just move about Narindar-like because he's the No-God.  Or something like that.

Monkhound

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2017, 08:57:42 pm »
My opinion is that he just walked in via the front gate.
We get the shot where the young Ainoni knight is about to enter the Ark and faces Skuthula. The description we get when he arrives is that the gate is open. I think Kel walked in either right before or after him, since the next people to arrive at that point see a closed gate.

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2017, 09:02:12 pm »
Hi Ordealpeople

Since it come up in this thread & in lieu of starting a new one, anyone have any ideas how Kelmomas physically got into the Golden Room? I know it's been discussed the Serwë skinspy snatching him up some point, which I don't remember happening. Barring that, my assumption is he was trailing in Ajokis' footsteps, and can just move about Narindar-like because he's the No-God.  Or something like that.

Hi Fellow-Slogger,

Kelmomas was led by a Skin-spy, who know the lay of the land and the Ark. I assume they used the tunnels under the Occlusion, after which, as the Skin-spy knows the Ark, it took Kel up to the Golden Room.
Mystery denotes darkness

Monkhound

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2017, 09:47:38 pm »
Hi Ordealpeople

Hi Fellow-Slogger,

Kelmomas was led by a Skin-spy, who know the lay of the land and the Ark. I assume they used the tunnels under the Occlusion, after which, as the Skin-spy knows the Ark, it took Kel up to the Golden Room.
That's a good one. I totally zapped the tunnels Achamian travels in his dreams while accompanying Nau-Cayuti, aka the No-God... Which seems so obvious now that you mention them.

Nemojbatkastle

• Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2017, 11:01:17 pm »
Aha, makes quite a bit of sense then. Thank you!

The Sharmat

• Old Name
  • Horde General
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2017, 10:19:18 am »
Is anyone else being reminded of The Survivor's Son (aka Crabhand) from The Great Ordeal, when reading this scene? (I didn't see anything mentioned in the thread - correct me if I'm wrong). After emerging from TTH in ruins of Ishual, Koringhus collects 100 stones, goes into the forest and kills 99 birds, because "he can't stop killing", with 1 stone per 1 bird. Later, under effects of the Qirri, he gives the 100th stone to his son, before taking his final leap. Later still, The Survivor's Son eludes C'nauir's companion skin spy, who looks like original Serwe, by striking her with 100th stone, while on the cliffs.

The parallels, or perhaps inversions, of Serwa & 100th missing Chorae to Koringhus's Son striking skin spy Serwe with his 100th stone are striking. I don't know what exactly to make of it. The Survivor said in TGO "That all of this has somehow already happened." This is clearly not a case of replaying things exactly the same, but it does remind me dualities concept found in mathematics/physics where two theories/formulas can be translated back and forth into each other, which makes calculations which are difficult in one - much easier in the other one. This feels like something along the same lines: the same event, just being given different interpretation/inverted in some ways. Also reminds me of those boxes, mentioned in appendix, which show horrible/demonic scenes from some perspectives, but good/heavenly scene from another.
Huh. Maybe even a wink leading to a later reveal that Crabhand joined the Consult?

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2017, 04:39:18 pm »
Welcome to the Second Apocalypse, Nemojbatkastle :).
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer