Earwa > The White-Luck Warrior

Dunyain Weakness

<< < (2/19) > >>

Borque:
Yes, the Army of the South clearly was the most expendable part. But I don't see the obvious benefit in expending it by blundering, which is basically what happened. Had any sorcerous resources remained at Irsulor, it could have ended very differently.

Cüréthañ:
The Mandate are no longer linked to an army and could well be considered a spent force by the Consult. 
The host is described as a mere conveyance and meat shield to get the sorcerers to Golgotteroth.

Wilshire:

--- Quote from: Curethan on November 27, 2013, 11:40:56 pm ---The Mandate are no longer linked to an army and could well be considered a spent force by the Consult. 
The host is described as a mere conveyance and meat shield to get the sorcerers to Golgotteroth.

--- End quote ---

I want to believe that, but they have no idea who many chorae they have. They clearly need someone who can pick up a sword in case all the bashrag and great weapon races are wielding them.

Cüréthañ:
Yep, thus 'meat shield'.

But if the consult think all the sorcerers are with the ordeal, there is no need to hold reserves when they crush them.

Madness:

--- Quote from: Borque on November 27, 2013, 09:20:35 pm ---Yes, the Army of the South clearly was the most expendable part. But I don't see the obvious benefit in expending it by blundering, which is basically what happened. Had any sorcerous resources remained at Irsulor, it could have ended very differently.

--- End quote ---

Again, as I said upthread, I don't necessarily believe that Kellhus counted on such bad tactical decisions by his commanders but, clearly, military strategy suggests people make mistakes and pay dearly for them.

But...

--- Quote from: Curethan on November 27, 2013, 11:40:56 pm ---The Mandate are no longer linked to an army and could well be considered a spent force by the Consult. 

--- End quote ---

Moot point - the Ordeal has recombined as one at the end of the WLW.

--- Quote from: Wilshire on November 28, 2013, 03:28:48 am ---

--- End quote ---

I want to believe that, but they have no idea who many chorae they have.

--- End quote ---

Um... only literally the largest collection in Earwa :)?

--- Quote from: Curethan on November 28, 2013, 03:55:48 am ---Yep, thus 'meat shield'.

But if the consult think all the sorcerers are with the ordeal, there is no need to hold reserves when they crush them.

--- End quote ---

Lol - I really do like Wic's 'metameatshield' from the Speculation thread, who is riffing off who, I don't know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version