Earwa > The Darkness That Comes Before

A Couple of Questions

<< < (2/3) > >>

The Sharmat:
Maybe he had some inkling that something was wrong with Skeaos at this point, and this is simply how he explained it to himself.

Francis Buck:

--- Quote from: Wilshire on March 23, 2015, 06:30:05 pm ---
--- Quote from: The Sharmat on March 23, 2015, 06:15:51 pm ---Coincidence, or some weird hidden brilliance on Xerius' part?

--- End quote ---

I think Xerius is a whole lot smarter than he appears at first glance.

--- End quote ---

I agree. On my first re-read, I was surprised at how competent Xerius actually is once we (the readers) know what is and isn't bullshit. He's still paranoid as all hell, but it seems less excessive when you realize how much conspiracy was actually happening all around him.

The Sharmat:
Whole series spoiler: (click to show/hide)Almost everyone Xerius suspects of treachery is either a spy for another faction, actively planning treachery, or a skin-spy.
It's not paranoia if they're really out to get you.

Simas Polchias:

--- Quote from: Wilshire on March 23, 2015, 06:30:05 pm ---I think Xerius is a whole lot smarter than he appears at first glance.
--- End quote ---
Also, he's the first one in the text who actually pronounces a line, which is a No-God's catchphrase.

EkyannusIII:
Xerius actually picks up on the fact that (click to show/hide)Istriya looks different somehow from when he had last seen her during one of the earlier scenes in TDTCB.  Of course, he has no reason to suspect that she isn't human, so he dismisses it from his mind.

He's smarter than he is usually given credit for, no doubt.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version