Earwa > The White-Luck Warrior

Dreams

(1/3) > >>

Blackstone:
If this has been brought up before, I apologize. I've been gearing up for the release of the GO and rereading (and re-listening) to all the books. I saw in another thread, and I'm sorry I don't remember who originally said it, that maybe Seswatha is censoring the dreams the Mandate have. I think this seems really likely. Akka, having been away from the "shriveled pouch of Seswatha's heart" for twenty years, is having different dreams than the rest of the Mandate. I think having time/distance/direction between himself and Atyersus has broken censoring aspect of whatever magic fuels the dreams. Perhaps this is also why he has dreams about Nau-Cayuti also. With that extra space comes the ability to dream as people who were dear to Seswatha. I'm not speculating that NC was Seswatha's kid (though it's possible) only that they were close enough that there was an attachment.

Also, how does Kellhus experience the dreams or does he. He never grasped the heart. He did some sort of meditation thing with Akka during the Holy War. Does this prevent him from having the dreams? If not, I wonder how a Dunyain would experience them.

Wilshire:
Serwa experiences the dreams, so half-dunyain is as close as we get.

Kellhus is the only contemporary sorcerer  that wields the gnosis that doesn't dream the dreams. There must have been some use to shackle the Swayali to Seswatha.

--- Quote from: Blackstone on March 01, 2016, 03:52:07 pm ---If this has been brought up before, I apologize

--- End quote ---
Don't do that. Its been half a decade. Its probably been a long time since truly new ground has been covered, and we've accumulated, and subsequently forgotten, most things, so don't worry about  it.

--- Quote from: Blackstone on March 01, 2016, 03:52:07 pm ---I've been gearing up for the release of the GO and rereading (and re-listening) to all the books.

--- End quote ---
We are doing a forum re-read, lovingly called The Slog of Slogs. its nearing the end of TTT currently, you should check out the Almanac subforum and add your thoughts to those threads as you read.

H:

--- Quote from: Wilshire on March 01, 2016, 04:07:04 pm ---
--- Quote from: Blackstone on March 01, 2016, 03:52:07 pm ---If this has been brought up before, I apologize

--- End quote ---
Don't do that. Its been half a decade. Its probably been a long time since truly new ground has been covered, and we've accumulated, and subsequently forgotten, most things, so don't worry about  it.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, chances are really good that I have no original ideas of my own, but just recycled memories of theories other people came up with years and years ago that I don't consciously recall.  Such is our fate with no new content to scrutinize.

Madness:
Lol - just wait til you pull a me (or I annoyingly quote you) and you see your own writing from a decade ago and not only do you disagree with your reasoning then, you find yourself annoying.

But I think that's just growing up ;).

EDIT: Also, Blackstone, one of a number of other threads on the Dreams: Investigating Achamian's Dreams.

H:

--- Quote from: Madness on March 01, 2016, 06:41:32 pm ---Lol - just wait til you pull a me (or I annoyingly quote you) and you see your own writing from a decade ago and not only do you disagree with your reasoning then, you find yourself annoying.

But I think that's just growing up ;).
--- End quote ---

That's definitely me reading anything I wrote on ZTS.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version