Earwa > The White-Luck Warrior

The methaphysics of Earwa and the comming of the Inchoroi

<< < (2/3) > >>

H:

--- Quote from: MSJ on March 07, 2016, 10:15:16 pm ---Awesome! That's a great opening post. Also, you've joined during the Golden Age, RSB is now doing a Q&A, take advantage!

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: robizeratul on March 09, 2016, 01:26:33 pm ---I cannot find it...must be blind

--- End quote ---

Well, doing a Q&A might be slightly misleading.  We have a section now and Scott has an account for when he feels he is ready and has time.

Find it here: Author Q&A Board.

MSJ:

--- Quote ---Well, doing a Q&A might be slightly misleading.  We have a section now and Scott has an account for when he feels he is ready and has time.

--- End quote ---

This post is a paradox H. Lol.

ETA: you said a Q&A would be misleading and then go on to direct him to the thread titled Author Q&A.  Maybe a contradiction,  im not good on sorting out which is which.

H:

--- Quote from: MSJ on March 09, 2016, 10:26:03 pm ---
--- Quote ---Well, doing a Q&A might be slightly misleading.  We have a section now and Scott has an account for when he feels he is ready and has time.

--- End quote ---

This post is a paradox H. Lol.

ETA: you said a Q&A would be misleading and then go on to direct him to the thread titled Author Q&A.  Maybe a contradiction,  im not good on sorting out which is which.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, it was rather cryptic,  :-[.  What I was trying to say is so far we are doing questions, however answers may come when they come.

MSJ:
I understood you, just kidding around.  :)

H:

--- Quote from: robizeratul on March 06, 2016, 11:13:23 pm ---Paradoxically, the souls are the ones keeping the gate open, because they are constantly going back and forth. IF you would reduce the population drastically Souls would enter but not leave, because the energy required to leave would be to much, it's too much "pressure in the tubes"
--- End quote ---

Indeed, there is reference to the "great cycle of souls" which the No-God seems to have stopped.

One thing to note though, is that the No-God was not part of the "original plan" so to speak.  If it was, it would have come about long before the Apocalypse.  What Wutteät tells us is probably true, that they somehow knew that 144,000 was some kind of "magic number" that would get them the result they wanted, by what mechanism we don't know.  I have a hard time understanding why a low number would have the effect of ending the cycle though, since an end to the cycle would mean an end of birth.  I have doubts that there would be still-births simply because the population is low.  If that were the case, how could the population ever have grown?

This leads me to believe that the 144,000 is separate from the Cycle.  It is a means to the end in a different way.  I've speculated that it's the fact that such a low number means the Consult could somehow rewrite the rules of damnation somehow, but that is filled with more questions and no answers.  Perhaps the 144,000 relates to the Inverse Fire somehow?

The No-God though smacks of Shaeönanra's doing.  I think it was a much later idea, born of him figuring out that one could trap a soul that would then trap other souls.  Trap them most probably in what I would call the "Inside" as opposed to the Outside.  This would probably be where the phrase, “‘The soul that encounters Him, passes no further.’”

At one time, early on, I thought that the No-God would be like a soul-eater, an annihilator.  I don't actually think that any more, it's a soul-repository of sorts, it gobbles up souls, but they are still there, just never passing to the Outside.  I think that the No-God was a double solution, how to reduce the population and be assured the Cycle is broken.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version