Earwa > The Almanac: TAE Edition

The Slog TJE - Chapters 10-12 [Spoilers]

(1/6) > >>

H:
Chapter 10:

--- Quote ---"Aside from skirmishing with Sranc," the Successor-Prince was saying, "Zeüm has had no external enemies since Near Antiquity... the days of the old Aspect-Emperors. In our land, we worship events more than gods.
--- End quote ---

I wonder where these Sranc come from?  Zeüm is pretty well isolated.  Perhaps though they just live in the northern reaches and have since Antiquity.

--- Quote ---"I have no need of spies, Sorweel," the Prince-Imperial said, snatching the thought from his face. He leaned back and with a gentle laugh added, "My father is a god."
--- End quote ---

Set up, that we should believe Kellhus sees all, when later, it seems he doesn't?

H:
Chapter 11:

--- Quote ---The true name of the mountain, he told them, was Aenaratiol.

Smokehorn.
--- End quote ---

What an odd name, what would that mean?  Were they burning things here?  Bodies?

--- Quote ---"With courage and fell cunning," Achamian said, his face hot in the firelight, "Men made themselves masters of Cil-Aujas. Some Nonmen hid, only to be found in the course of time, by hunger or iron, it mattered not. Others escaped through chutes no mortal man has ever known. Perhaps even now they wander like Cleric, derelict, cursed with the only memories that will not fade, doomed to relive the Fall of Cil-Aujas until the end of days."
--- End quote ---

This story certainly paints the Nonmen as victims here, yet, we know from later on, it isn't as if they were kind to men at all.

profgrape:
Chapter 12:

--- Quote ---The sorcerous Wards [Kelmomas] need not worry about.  He could see them easily enough.
--- End quote ---

I completely missed this the first two times I read TJE -- Kelmomas is of the Few?

--- Quote ---The Shriah of the Thousand Temples was a man who could break necks with ease.
--- End quote ---

Foreshadowing a book in advance?  Love it!

H:

--- Quote from: profgrape on March 21, 2016, 02:45:28 pm ---Chapter 12:

--- Quote ---The sorcerous Wards [Kelmomas] need not worry about.  He could see them easily enough.
--- End quote ---

I completely missed this the first two times I read TJE -- Kelmomas is of the Few?

--- End quote ---

It certainly makes sense.  I mean, aren't all Kellhus' kids actually?

Madness:
Kayutas, no. Serwa, yes. Theli, no. Inrilatas, maybe? The twins, at least Kelmomas.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version