Earwa > TGO ARC Discussion

[TGO SPOILERS] Ishterebinth

(1/23) > >>

Madness:
The Aspect-Emperor honours the Nonman Niom sending a son, Moenghus, a daughter, Serwa, and an enemy, the young Horse-King Sorweel, to their mountain become Mansion in the hopes that if the Ordeal conquers Dagliash, the Nonman will lend Nimil and Voice to their mannish cause...

H:
The thing is, did he actually expect it to succeed?  Of course I forgot my ARC at home, so I can't add quotes at the moment, but doesn't Kellhus basically say to Serwa that whole Niom is a fraud?  Just a way to get agents into Ishterebinth?

Somnambulist:
I think it was kind of like "If it works out then great.  If it doesn't, tear them a new one."  I'm obviously paraphrasing here.  Kellhus would never use a drab word like 'great.'

Blackstone:
I can't give an exact quote, but when Serwa is being tortured, she is thinking back to a conversation with her father, and she asks, "and if Ishterebinth has gone over to the Consult?" That question leads me to believe that Kellhus is not sure. So I suppose this is a gambit on his part.

H:

--- Quote from: Somnambulist on May 12, 2016, 01:50:28 pm ---I think it was kind of like "If it works out then great.  If it doesn't, tear them a new one."  I'm obviously paraphrasing here.  Kellhus would never use a drab word like 'great.'

--- End quote ---

Yeah, he says:

--- Quote ---"And if Ishterebinth has fallen to the Consult?  What then, Father?"
A grave look.
"You are my daughter, Serwa," Anasûrimbor Kellhus replied. "Show them my portion."
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version