Earwa > The Great Ordeal

(TGO SPOILERS) Ishterebinth

<< < (3/20) > >>

Madness:
Lol - my impotence and debility must be ridiculous ;).

MSJ:
So, I think why we're shown the Boy scraping the chorae across chipmunk is to show what will happen when Sorweel puts that chorae to the collar. I think the "light" the chorae makes is it negating the sorcery of Chipmunk, same as when a sorcerer is hit by a chorae. Sorweel will negate the sorcery in the collar (made by Emidilis also) and Serwa will release her dread portion.

MSJ:
As far as wether or not Serwa's singing will be mundane or not - well here is what she has to say right before they place the bag over her head and lead her to the throne room.

--- Quote ---She did not oblige him— but not out of spite, for she cared nothing for the ghoul. She did not sing simply because the watch she had sung for had come and gone. Her next song would command fire and ruin.
--- End quote ---

Cuttlefish:
I think it was pretty evident that Serwa's "song" at the end was supposed to be magic - she was gonna tear the place asunder.

Anyway, I think Ishterenbinth sections were my favourite in this last book. Sorweel is my favourite character introduced in the second trilogy, so watching him become something greater was cool. The Nonmen were wonderful; I felt sad that the Lastborn died, though. It was also interesting to get POV from Serwa, which made her come across as more sympathetic (why she treated Sorweel so cruelly revealed, etc.)

I'm curious about what the finale implied regarding her and Sorweel, though, what with her thinking of him as being "real". I got the feeling that their romance affair is gonna be a thing.

MSJ:

--- Quote from: Cuttlefish on July 30, 2016, 12:58:13 pm ---I think it was pretty evident that Serwa's "song" at the end was supposed to be magic - she was gonna tear the place asunder.

--- End quote ---

So did I, but have you read the ARC thread link posted at the top of this thread? I'd say it's 50/50 on wether her singing will be mundane or sorcery.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version