Earwa > The No-God

Perspective and answers to open questions

<< < (15/16) > >>

ThoughtsOfThelli:

--- Quote from: stuslayer on May 17, 2018, 06:59:16 pm ---Here's a thought - and I haven't looked through any other threads to see if it's already been thought of so apologies if it has. What if Kel's continued presence after TUC (dead but not done) is to become the life dreamed of by Metagnostic sorcerers, replacing Seswatha? Maybe this is how he will continue to direct the men of the Circumfix during TNG?

--- End quote ---

I love this idea, even if I don't think it's very likely it will happen. After all, Kellhus would have had to leave an artifact of some sort for this to work, like Seswatha did. What do you propose this was, and how/when could it have happened? (Not trying to shoot down your theory, just genuinely curious about how it could work.)

If it does happen, I do wonder if an Akka parallel would pop up down the line, subverting the "Kellhus never shits spends several days thinking about twigs and fish" idea. ;)

stuslayer:
Well, I think there are a number of options. It could be the 2nd Decapitant, retrieved by Serwa in the pandemonium during Resumption. Or perhaps a piece of Kel's salted corpse. Or perhaps Serwe's heart, that has unbeknownst to us been sequestered in the home of the Metagnostic sorcerers. Or even Kel has ousted Seswatha and replaced him in the Dreams directly, and Achamian will be the first to Dream Kellhus.

ThoughtsOfThelli:

--- Quote from: stuslayer on May 17, 2018, 07:44:17 pm ---Well, I think there are a number of options. It could be the 2nd Decapitant, retrieved by Serwa in the pandemonium during Resumption. Or perhaps a piece of Kel's salted corpse. Or perhaps Serwe's heart, that has unbeknownst to us been sequestered in the home of the Metagnostic sorcerers. Or even Kel has ousted Seswatha and replaced him in the Dreams directly, and Achamian will be the first to Dream Kellhus.

--- End quote ---

Ah, the second Decapitant - that hadn't occurred to me, but it makes sense. The Decapitant seems, to me, to be the more likely possibility of the 3 you pointed out. It'd be quite hard for "Team Kellhus" to get a hold of his salted corpse now, since it's right in the stronghold of the Consult. And who even knows where Serwë's heart could be right now if it was preserved somehow (Carythusal? The Mandate took residence there post-Shimeh if I remember correctly, would make thematic sense).
Achamian would be in for quite a surprise if this theory turns out to be true and he suddenly finds himself having a Dream from Kellhus' POV...

MSJ:

--- Quote from:  ThoughtofThelli ---And who even knows where Serwë's heart could be right now if it was preserved somehow (Carythusal? The Mandate took residence there post-Shimeh if I remember correctly, would make thematic sense).
Achamian would be in for quite a surprise if this theory turns out to be true and he suddenly finds himself having a Dream from Kellhus' POV...
--- End quote ---

Nah, Serwe heart was burn up at the Circumfix, did you mean Seswatha? Could be Kellhus seen all he needed to know when doing his knife trick on Akka. I agree, it would likely be the decapitant. Damn, I love this, therefore will not come true. ;) 

ThoughtsOfThelli:

--- Quote from: MSJ on May 18, 2018, 01:43:33 am ---Nah, Serwe heart was burn up at the Circumfix, did you mean Seswatha? Could be Kellhus seen all he needed to know when doing his knife trick on Akka. I agree, it would likely be the decapitant. Damn, I love this, therefore will not come true. ;)

--- End quote ---

I thought we didn't know what had happened to it after Kellhus pulled it from his chest. Guess I completely forgot about it being burned, then...
Then the Decapitant really is the most likely possibility. Though I still think that Carythusal and the Mandate might be involved if Kellhus did indeed follow Seswatha's example. There might be something there, I don't know, instructions, or just information of some kind about the process.
That's just one of the TSA rules, MSJ. If you really want it to happen, it probably won't. ;) It's right there next to "think of the worst thing that could possibly happen, that's probably it" and "if you like this character, they're probably going to die horribly".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version