Miscellaneous Chatter > The Forum of Interesting Things

74 Things That Blew Our Minds in 2017

<< < (6/6)

BeardFisher-King:

--- Quote from: Wilshire on January 16, 2018, 03:14:25 pm ---
--- Quote from: BeardFisher-King on January 16, 2018, 01:29:32 pm ---It's just analysis of a claim that strikes me as ambiguous by pointing out how the ambiguity arises. That is my point. That is my only point.

--- End quote ---

That said, you appear to be frustrated - I'm very sorry to have caused you distress.

To answer your question, I'm pursuing the matter to find out in what context you are pursuing the matter. ie I'm confused by why you appear to be confused, and that confusion has lead me to ask you to clarify your confusion to assuage my confusion. Simple ;) .

--- End quote ---

I've beaten this poor horse of a proposition to death; no need to add to either of our levels of confusion. Two reasons for this dogged pursuit:
1. To practice my close-reading/analytic skills.
3. To practice even-tempered disputation in online fora; to disagree without becoming disagreeable.

No worries, Wilshire. We just seemed to be talking past each other. Looking back, I should have been clearer about the limits of what I was discussing.

Regards,
-BFK

Wilshire:

--- Quote from: BeardFisher-King on January 16, 2018, 05:07:19 pm ---
--- Quote from: Wilshire on January 16, 2018, 03:14:25 pm ---
--- Quote from: BeardFisher-King on January 16, 2018, 01:29:32 pm ---It's just analysis of a claim that strikes me as ambiguous by pointing out how the ambiguity arises. That is my point. That is my only point.

--- End quote ---

That said, you appear to be frustrated - I'm very sorry to have caused you distress.

To answer your question, I'm pursuing the matter to find out in what context you are pursuing the matter. ie I'm confused by why you appear to be confused, and that confusion has lead me to ask you to clarify your confusion to assuage my confusion. Simple ;) .

--- End quote ---

I've beaten this poor horse of a proposition to death; no need to add to either of our levels of confusion. Two reasons for this dogged pursuit:
1. To practice my close-reading/analytic skills.
3. To practice even-tempered disputation in online fora; to disagree without becoming disagreeable.

No worries, Wilshire. We just seemed to be talking past each other. Looking back, I should have been clearer about the limits of what I was discussing.

Regards,
-BFK

--- End quote ---
Thanks, BFK. I could have done much better as well.

And even though its probably inappropriate:

--- Quote from: BeardFisher-King on January 16, 2018, 05:07:19 pm ---1. To practice my close-reading/analytic skills.
3. ...

--- End quote ---
Now I think you must be messing with me ;)

BeardFisher-King:

--- Quote from: Wilshire on January 16, 2018, 05:20:22 pm ---
And even though its probably inappropriate:

--- Quote from: BeardFisher-King on January 16, 2018, 05:07:19 pm ---1. To practice my close-reading/analytic skills.
3. ...

--- End quote ---
Now I think you must be messing with me ;)

--- End quote ---

Damn proofreaders.....lmao! There were three reasons....and then there were two!

I try not to mess with the BanHammer.  ;)
Fondly,
-BFK

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version