Earwa > The No-God

Will the Mutilated step out of the shadows?

(1/6) > >>

profgrape:
The Mutilated (RSB's "Cenobites) are pretty badass as far as "big bads" go.  They're far smarter than humans, have a massive army led by the NG and the Gnosis.  They are, in almost every way, more formidable than Shae, Mek, Aurang and Aurax. 

Yet aside from the horde of Skin Spies (one of whom salted Kellhus and will hopefully be getting a sweet end-of-year bonus) and Aurax, their existence is AFAWK a secret. 

The question I'm pondering is whether they'll become more visible in TNG, effectively "announcing their presence".  Because absent them doing so, I'm not sure how humanity would ever discover the truth. 

Thoughts?

ThoughtsOfThelli:
That's an interesting question, profgrape.

My guess is that they might remain as the masterminds behind the scenes. After all, Dûnyain are pretty effective at doing so, and they have already done a great job of working things from "behind the curtain" for years. I don't know if there's any need for them to "go public" with the No-God and his legions presumably already doing everything that needs to be done (keep new humans from being born, then work on getting the population down to 144,000).
Though it's always possible they have other plans that we don't know about yet. Hopefully we will get a POV from at least one of them (or at least from Malowebi, who still seems to be around and fully-aware) that sheds some light on that.

Even if they don't announce their existence to the world, I think it's probable that Akka, Esmenet, Mimara and co. will return to Golgotterath by the end of the series and learn of their existence (and role in orchestrating the Second Apocalypse) then.

--- Quote from: profgrape on May 23, 2018, 03:42:23 pm ---Yet aside from the horde of Skin Spies (one of whom salted Kellhus and will hopefully be getting a sweet end-of-year bonus)
--- End quote ---

This bit about the skin-spy did make me chuckle. ;) Jeff the skin-spy (making a reference to Eddie Izzard and his usual character naming conventions here...), employee of the year millennium!

TLEILAXU:
Nice point with the Hellraiser similarity!

I don't think they will be revealed to broader humanity, but we might still see them.
edit: On the other hand though, it would be cool to see them e.g. fighting alongside the No-God using sorcery and/or restored Tekne artifacts to ensure it succeeds.

Inchoboi:
Gnosis? I thought it was implied that Kellhus was unique among them in that regard... delivered to the Tekne vs delivered to the Gnosis (and Daimos)?

ThoughtsOfThelli:

--- Quote from: TLEILAXU on May 23, 2018, 04:01:35 pm ---edit: On the other hand though, it would be cool to see them e.g. fighting alongside the No-God using sorcery and/or restored Tekne artifacts to ensure it succeeds.

--- End quote ---

You think they'll reach the conclusion that it will be worth it to actually go out on the field and fight the armies of Men (and whatever surviving Nonmen there might be)?

I really can't see that happening unless humanity does manage to organize a decent enough army and that forces their hand. That won't be happening any time soon, I'd say, unless the survival rate among the Great Ordeal was much higher than we're led to believe...

--- Quote from: Inchoboi on May 23, 2018, 04:18:04 pm ---Gnosis? I thought it was implied that Kellhus was unique among them in that regard... delivered to the Tekne vs delivered to the Gnosis (and Daimos)?

--- End quote ---

They still have Qûya working on their side, assuming some survived the battle at the end of TUC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version