Miscellaneous Chatter > Literature

The Traitor Baru Cormorant (Vol. 1 of the Masquerade Series) is a MUST READ

<< < (2/3) > >>

mostly.harmless:
Second both recommendations of Baru and Hewn Thrown

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Wilshire:
Btw, I saw an encounter with this author on r/fantasy. He really hates Bakker and TSA lol.

mostly.harmless:

--- Quote from: Wilshire on June 13, 2019, 01:47:01 pm ---Btw, I saw an encounter with this author on r/fantasy. He really hates Bakker and TSA lol.

--- End quote ---
Did (s)he say why?

Wilshire:

--- Quote from: mostly.harmless on June 13, 2019, 02:17:21 pm ---
--- Quote from: Wilshire on June 13, 2019, 01:47:01 pm ---Btw, I saw an encounter with this author on r/fantasy. He really hates Bakker and TSA lol.

--- End quote ---
Did (s)he say why?

--- End quote ---

something about Bakker being a has-been old author, shitty philosopher, and writing vitriol.

He did point out he has part of a Ph.D in philosophy (stopped to write full time) so he can spot shitty philosophers. Given that he shares that same scholastic pedigree with Bakker, I found it extremely amusing.

mostly.harmless:

--- Quote from: Wilshire on June 13, 2019, 02:51:27 pm ---
--- Quote from: mostly.harmless on June 13, 2019, 02:17:21 pm ---

--- End quote ---
Did (s)he say why?

--- End quote ---

something about Bakker being a has-been old author, shitty philosopher, and writing vitriol.

He did point out he has part of a Ph.D in philosophy (stopped to write full time) so he can spot shitty philosophers. Given that he shares that with Bakker, I found it extremely amusing.

--- End quote ---
Thanks for elaborating :)

Yes, I find this quite surprising actually. One thing is to dislike an author or not agree with someone's philosophies but this almost sounds like something more is underlying these comments. I mean, you may not like how Bakker lays out some of his themes, but to say he is a shitty philosopher seems beyond what you can deduce from the books.

Then again, what do I know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version