Miscellaneous Chatter > RPG Discussion

Sufficiently Advanced Diceless RPG

<< < (2/3) > >>

TaoHorror:
I would normally give it a go, but Christ, I am too burned out DMing. I've been playing D&D for 40 years ( no joke ) and DM'd most of that time. I told my group I need a break and someone else is going to DM now - but I'm going to present this to the group and see what they think, looks wild as hell. And yes, I ripped off PON for some bits of my World.

sciborg2:

--- Quote from: TaoHorror on January 13, 2019, 02:04:24 am ---I would normally give it a go, but Christ, I am too burned out DMing. I've been playing D&D for 40 years ( no joke ) and DM'd most of that time. I told my group I need a break and someone else is going to DM now - but I'm going to present this to the group and see what they think, looks wild as hell. And yes, I ripped off PON for some bits of my World.

--- End quote ---

Heh we have opposite problems - maybe once I feel like I've grokked the rules I may try to GM a play-by-post game of this...

Just a heads up there's also a magic Singularity (alpha) version -> Sorcerously Advanced

--- Quote ---What is Sorcerously Advanced?

Sorcerously Advanced is a "hard fantasy" game of cutting-edge magic. It focuses on questions of power, justice, safety, and potential in the aftermath of a metaphysical singularity. In this world, sorcery is so ubiquitous, powerful, and well-developed that it has become the basis for the world's technology. Sorcerously Advanced is a speculative fiction game that doesn't revolve around rare, powerful mages and mighty warriors, but instead around the destiny of a world where  everyone has magical power.
--- End quote ---

TaoHorror:

--- Quote from: sciborg2 on January 13, 2019, 02:07:37 am ---Just a heads up there's also a magic Singularity (alpha) version -> Sorcerously Advanced

--- Quote ---What is Sorcerously Advanced?

Sorcerously Advanced is a "hard fantasy" game of cutting-edge magic. It focuses on questions of power, justice, safety, and potential in the aftermath of a metaphysical singularity. In this world, sorcery is so ubiquitous, powerful, and well-developed that it has become the basis for the world's technology. Sorcerously Advanced is a speculative fiction game that doesn't revolve around rare, powerful mages and mighty warriors, but instead around the destiny of a world where  everyone has magical power.
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Interesting ...  :)

--- Quote from: sciborg2 on January 13, 2019, 02:07:37 am ---
Heh we have opposite problems - maybe once I feel like I've grokked the rules I may try to GM a play-by-post game of this...
--- End quote ---

And even more Interesting ...  :)

H:

--- Quote from: TaoHorror on January 13, 2019, 04:02:10 am ---
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Well, I don't have time for anything real-time, but now you have my attention.  We are talking about the sci-fi version here?

What if, bear with me, we were to do this on like a chapter by chapter sort of basis, which would obviously take a while to play out, given the nature of posting schedules and so on, but then, at the end of the chapter, take all of what happened and all the dialogue, and write it as an sort of narrative fiction?

TaoHorror:

--- Quote from: H on January 14, 2019, 03:38:55 pm ---
--- Quote from: TaoHorror on January 13, 2019, 04:02:10 am ---
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Well, I don't have time for anything real-time, but now you have my attention.  We are talking about the sci-fi version here?

What if, bear with me, we were to do this on like a chapter by chapter sort of basis, which would obviously take a while to play out, given the nature of posting schedules and so on, but then, at the end of the chapter, talk all of what happened and all the dialogue, and write it as an sort of narrative fiction?

--- End quote ---

I like your thinking. The best RPG campaigns are the slowest - take it in, immersion, not a race to the finish line. I'm a shit writer, but I like the idea maybe we do a Discord session at the end of each chapter and discuss what happened, prep for next chapter and would be happy to help edit anything you or anyone wants to write up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version