Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2014, 07:24:29 pm »
Lol - you worry much about Bakker, don't you, Wilshire ;)?
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2014, 10:23:05 pm »

Can't help it. The body is such a weak vessel for the mind.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Kellais

• Kijneta
  • The True Old Name
  • Damnation Dealer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2014, 01:01:59 pm »
Isn't this more like : Bad luck that your body is home to such a weak mind?!  :o ;) ;D
I'm trapped in Darkness
Still I reach out for the Stars

"GoT is TSA's less talented but far more successful step-brother" - Wilshire

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2014, 01:34:23 pm »

Can't help it. The body is such a weak vessel for the mind.

Isn't this more like : Bad luck that your body is home to such a weak mind?!  :o ;) ;D

Lols all round.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

SilentRoamer

• The Smiling Knife
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2014, 02:57:25 pm »
(Opens Nutshell)

Well I am in my mid 20's. Two kids to keep me busy. Work in a senior position in an IT company. Involved in a lot of things with my work but generally Project Management on corporate scale project, design through to implementation, nice job to be doing at my age and decent money.

Hobbies:

Gaming:
Meyna gratz on the solo. I used to play WoW before I had my kids but mainly played 2s, 3s and 5s arena. I was actually ranked in a couple of seasons. Stopped playing hardcore after defeating LK Heroic difficulty as Druid raid healer/leader when ICC was current content. Got the "Of the Alliance" title for killing over 100,000 horde bastards. Now I generally play a few RPG's/racing games/fps on PS3 and anything PS1 emulated on my Kindle Fire HD.

Reading: Fairly obvious one this. I have read hundreds of Sci Fi and Fantasy novels, generally I find an author I like and just read everything. SF and Fantasy for me. Read about 2-3 books a month on a bad month and have been doing that since about 11 years old.

TV: Enjoying Game of Thrones and recently The Walking Dead. Enjoy most stuff Sci-Fi/Fantasy as long as its well made. Also a big fan of homemade British dramas. Most things on TV are American but every now and again we get an absolutely brilliant British Drama - I don't know why but British Dramas are the best on TV - maybe just because they resonate with me because I am English.

Films: Big film buff here. Watch most things as soon as they are available and try to watch a broad range.

Pretty athletic guy, play football twice a week and cycle an average of 6 miles a day with 20 miles on weekends.

So that's me in a nutshell.

(Closes Nutshell)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 03:03:51 pm by SilentRoamer »

Meyna

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2014, 12:18:49 pm »
Meyna gratz on the solo. I used to play WoW before I had my kids but mainly played 2s, 3s and 5s arena. I was actually ranked in a couple of seasons. Stopped playing hardcore after defeating LK Heroic difficulty as Druid raid healer/leader when ICC was current content. Got the "Of the Alliance" title for killing over 100,000 horde bastards.

Thank you!! I've been playing on the same toaster of a computer since Vanilla, so I could never keep up with PvP (not that I'd be proficient otherwise). Congrats on 100k HKs! I think I had around 25k on my old main on a PvP server before I switched to PvE. Now I only do battlegrounds when I need to farm the various currencies. Luckily, Alliance winning AV is still always a sure bet!
witness

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2014, 04:44:51 pm »
@SilentRoamer - Hello!  Welcome!  I haven't seen many British dramas, but I fell head of heels for Luther.  As an English Footballer, do you have any advice for an American who would like to follow football?  I think I would love to watch, but I don't know where to start, what teams are what or anything!

geoint

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2014, 06:41:15 am »
I've worked at many different restaurants, cooked a variety of styles, and under some fantastic cooks/chefs (relative to the places I've lived).

I'm semi-addicted to the rush of being involved/leading a functional service (breakfast, lunch, or dinner). I could care less for being personally creative in a culinary way - though I love helping someone else manifest their vision - but considering before I started in the industry almost ten years ago, I couldn't microwave a can of beans, the requisite knowledge has been satisfying.

But it's strictly a waste of my time.

And unfortunately, bar certain situations with academics, people of Bakker fandom, and, most of all, books, I feel intellectually alone in life, let alone work. Thankfully, I grew up with a group of friends who gave me a cutting wit so I can hold my own with the worst of the worst of kitchen humour.

You're not alone buddy.  Ive been stuck working with idiots my entire time in the Army.  I mean that too. Anybody with half a brain gets out and does contracting after their contract is up.  Only idiots stay in because either they can't make their own decisions or they chose a stupid job to do in the military and they realized there is no civilian equivalent.