Miscellaneous Chatter > The Forum of Interesting Things

The Siren Call of Hungry Ghosts [Ghosts, Drug visions, and so on]

(1/8) > >>

sciborg2:
The Siren Call of Hungry Ghosts

Ever read something that in ordinary circumstances you could dismiss as superstition but somehow the particular case still scares you.

The happened to me with this story of "ghosts" pretending to be helpful. My rational mind asks me how such beings could exist in realms undetectable to any instrument, how ghosts would imply dualism with all its philsophical weaknesses, and so on.

But it's still hard to fall asleep thinking about it. :-P

Royce:
have you read this?,sounds kind of fun :)

sciborg2:

--- Quote from: Royce on September 06, 2013, 06:16:09 pm ---have you read this?,sounds kind of fun :)

--- End quote ---

Haven't read the book. It's funny, my skeptical side raises all sorts of problems inherent to the idea of souls or demons existing in some astral world interacting with this universe. I know the most likely explanation is that the mediums are faking it or putting themselves into an altered state, I even wrote a paper at uni about this....

But this story still freaks the fuck out of me, and thinking about it at night the paranoid part of me is sure I 'm going to be contacted by these Others.  :P  ;D

Royce:

--- Quote ---Haven't read the book. It's funny, my skeptical side raises all sorts of problems inherent to the idea of souls or demons existing in some astral world interacting with this universe. I know the most likely explanation is that the mediums are faking it or putting themselves into an altered state, I even wrote a paper at uni about this....
--- End quote ---

Then you probably came across Terence Mckenna and his various encounters with entities while under the influence of psilocybin mushrooms and various other substances,shamanism etc? His encounters with elf-like entities is  my personal favorite :)
I think this is interesting,but not something I take very seriously.First of all since I have not encountered any entities myself yet.It does pose some interesting questions about reality though.Most people I have talked to about altered states says that science have no chance at all trying to explain the nature of their experiences,because even words have a hard time explaining what happens in these various states :) Are they hallucinating while in these states,or are they actually experiencing another reality/dimension? I sure don`t have a fucking clue what is going on here ;D

Bought that book for my kindle by the way ;)

Madness:
DMT Machine Elves :o?

I'm interested in the similarities between 'trips.'

Sorry, off topic, just wanted to respond.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version