Earwa > Atrocity Tales

[TGO SPOILERS] Titirga - Cishaurim, Gnostic and Daimotic?

<< < (3/6) > >>

mrganondorf:
Derp, I didn't see that as a bargaining chip.  Of course!  Kellhus in the unique position of having the gnosis without grasping the heart will perhaps be able to reveal more about Seswatha and what he's hidden from the reader.

Seökti:
First of all I do think Kellhus would be limited by the Psûkhe, after all his passions are almost entirely subject to his persona.  Second, I'm not sure Titirga is cishaurim or even that he had Cishaurim-like powers so much as he worship the spaces between gods like the nonmen.  We have to remember in the atrocity tale Titirga was the strongest sorcerer 'to ever walk the ground', Ever.  He may have been able to propel his sorcery further by using something like the Psûkhe but ultimately his sorcery DID bear the stain, just not as deeply, so he would have definitely been using the Gnosis.  Also, Kellhus is also likely a stronger user due to the multiple inutterals.  Who knows how many he can use simultaneously now!

Wilshire:
The stain is a pretty big sticking point. If he was just using the Gnosis, it would be like all the other Marks. There has never been an alternate description of the Quya mark, or any reason to believe that they are stained differently, and they certainly worshiped the way you say Titirga does.

For those reasons, I belive there must be another explanation, weather its Psuke or otherwise. Titirga was doing something no schoolman has ever done before or since, and a mixing of passion and intellect, gnosis and psuke, seems reasonable to me. Like watering down the stain, his mark remains, but is lessened.

mrganondorf:

--- Quote from: Wilshire on January 23, 2015, 07:18:58 pm ---The stain is a pretty big sticking point. If he was just using the Gnosis, it would be like all the other Marks. There has never been an alternate description of the Quya mark, or any reason to believe that they are stained differently, and they certainly worshiped the way you say Titirga does.

For those reasons, I belive there must be another explanation, weather its Psuke or otherwise. Titirga was doing something no schoolman has ever done before or since, and a mixing of passion and intellect, gnosis and psuke, seems reasonable to me. Like watering down the stain, his mark remains, but is lessened.

--- End quote ---

i think you're right that it has to be something more, BUT...

if Titirga's strength and mark come from nothing more than "a mixing of passion and intellect" maybe we'll a rinsed out mark on Serwa

Wilshire:
What makes Serwa different than other sorcerers and/or Kellhus himself? I'm sure every schoolmen has passion, but Titirga was somehow unique in his ability to mix the two magically, if indeed he was using some kind of psukhe-precursor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version