Earwa > Atrocity Tales

[TGO SPOILERS] Titirga - Cishaurim, Gnostic and Daimotic?

<< < (4/6) > >>

H:

--- Quote from: Wilshire on August 10, 2015, 03:40:21 pm ---What makes Serwa different than other sorcerers and/or Kellhus himself? I'm sure every schoolmen has passion, but Titirga was somehow unique in his ability to mix the two magically, if indeed he was using some kind of psukhe-precursor.

--- End quote ---

Let's not discount his early-life blindness as a major factor in this ability to use proto-Psûkhe.

There was probably also something special about Titirga's soul, just like there was probably something special about Fane's (considering that the Indara-Kishauri didn't discover the Psûkhe on their own).

mrganondorf:

--- Quote from: H on August 10, 2015, 04:30:21 pm ---
--- Quote from: Wilshire on August 10, 2015, 03:40:21 pm ---What makes Serwa different than other sorcerers and/or Kellhus himself? I'm sure every schoolmen has passion, but Titirga was somehow unique in his ability to mix the two magically, if indeed he was using some kind of psukhe-precursor.

--- End quote ---

Let's not discount his early-life blindness as a major factor in this ability to use proto-Psûkhe.

There was probably also something special about Titirga's soul, just like there was probably something special about Fane's (considering that the Indara-Kishauri didn't discover the Psûkhe on their own).

--- End quote ---

didn't discover it on their own?

MSJ:

--- End quote ---

I'd say that what makes Kellhus and Serwe special is they have no passion. The gnostic is based on meaning and the purity of said meaning. Their able to remove everything they associate with their utterals an inutterals, and its pure meaning. Incandescence geometrics, man!

H:

--- Quote from: gorfnarmordu on August 10, 2015, 07:00:32 pm ---didn't discover it on their own?

--- End quote ---

Hmm, well, it is possible that Fane invoked the name Indara solely to bank of already seated beliefs on which to build the Solitary God.

My point was broadly that the legend of the Indara never spawned Psûhke users before though.  Something was different with Fane.  Considering though that he was a Shrial Priest in the Nansur province of Eumarna, it is unclear if he would have went into the desert with knowledge of the legend of the Indara.  Either way, something happened and it wasn't just a function of Kianese culture.  Something was particular about Fane.

Wilshire:

--- Quote from: MSJ on August 10, 2015, 07:24:13 pm ---

--- End quote ---

I'd say that what makes Kellhus and Serwe special is they have no passion. The gnostic is based on meaning and the purity of said meaning. Their able to remove everything they associate with their utterals an inutterals, and its pure meaning. Incandescence geometrics, man!

--- End quote ---

That was in response to MG, who seemed to suggest that Serwe would be able to do something similar to Titirga.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version