General > Author Q&A

Power Levels

(1/2) > >>

Blackstone:
I don't think anyone disputes that the Gnosis (or Metagnosis) is the strongest magic, but as far as the rest of the sorceries, how would you rank them from highest to lowest in strength?

MSJ:
I'd say the Cish. We have many instances of Akka and others talking about the power and beauty of the Water. Also, I believe Meppa is on a whole other level and might give some Gnostic sorcerers of lesser power a run for their money. Hell, might come to find out he could give any of the a battle for the ages. Remember, Pstama says he has an "ocean" of Water.

Cû'jara-Cinmoi:
The Psukhe turns more on dispositions than on learning, so it makes sense that dispositional savants would attain great power. But the metaphysics are different, so it's really like comparing apples and oranges. The Psukhe possesses a more volatile range.

Otherwise, the Metagnosis, the Gnosis, and the Anagogis is the generally accepted rank.

Mithfânion:
Metagnosis?

As per the dictionary:

--- Quote ---the doctrine that knowledge of the Absolute is within human reach, but through a higher religious consciousness rather than by logical processes.
--- End quote ---

Now that is fascinating. "Has he grasped the Absolute?" suddenly takes on another meaning.

Wilshire:

--- Quote from: Mithfânion on June 22, 2016, 10:34:03 am ---Metagnosis?

As per the dictionary:

--- Quote ---the doctrine that knowledge of the Absolute is within human reach, but through a higher religious consciousness rather than by logical processes.
--- End quote ---

Now that is fascinating. "Has he grasped the Absolute?" suddenly takes on another meaning.

--- End quote ---

Nice find.

--- Quote from: Cû'jara-Cinmoi on June 22, 2016, 02:52:40 am ---The Psukhe turns more on dispositions than on learning, so it makes sense that dispositional savants would attain great power. But the metaphysics are different, so it's really like comparing apples and oranges. The Psukhe possesses a more volatile range.

Otherwise, the Metagnosis, the Gnosis, and the Anagogis is the generally accepted rank.

--- End quote ---

Certainly there are levels within each. How much overlap is there? Does the grandmaster of an Anagogic school stand a chance against any sorcerers of (the) rank in a gnostic school, etc.?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version