General > Author Q&A

Akka's dreams

(1/2) > >>

Yellow:
I guess this will be answered in the books, or not at all. But... How significant is Kellhus' hypnotism of Akka in TTT regarding the subsequent deviations in the dreams? And all dreams in The Aspect Emperor generally? What happened when he spoke to Seswatha?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Bolivar:
IIRC Akka is already having deviations at the beginning of the series and writes that he saw his own face in a mirror/water instead of Seswatha's.

I think Kellhus just hypnotized him and said some stuff to alter his subconscious, didn't actually speak with Seswatha. But I wouldn't want this answered here if not!

I believe others here have pointed out that the dreams featuring Nau Cayuti in the Ark begin after the hypnosis.

Yellow:
The first significant deviation is at the end of TTT, where Anaxophus misses with the Heron Spear. Prior to that, it's major stuff like seeing himself in the mirror - I don't count things of that nature.

And after that, well, all kinds of revelations, at exactly the times that suit Kellhus and whatever his plans are for Akka / Mimara.

Yellow:
*minor stuff

Yellow:
Nau Cayuti dreams begin after the Qirri,  after Seswatha passes the baby into the mechanism in the coffers (sorry, my memory is vague on that detail, but it's in WLW). As far as I remember, Akka never dreams as Seswatha after that point.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version