Earwa > The No-God

The Mutilated: A Census

(1/9) > >>

TLEILAXU:
The Mutilated <3

TaoHorror:
I think one of the "Mutilated" isn't badly hurt if I remember correctly. Just wondering how much of the damage they suffered effected their psychology ( maybe 1 is still sane - should we call them The Mutilated +1? ). It's understood they have minds like steel traps, but don't underestimate the effects of violent trauma, they're still human. And, as Bakker has pointed out, Kellhus made mistakes - the planet super-human now a common table seasoning. Could be 4 minds are stronger than 1, but it appeared he "out-classed" all 4 aggregately and still lost. While sporting extraordinary intellect, they are imperfect.

I digress ... agreed, POV from Moe leading Sylvendi with the TUC would apportion a nice POV for The Consult, if for no other reason I would like a roll call of The Consult. How many were there before Ishual, how many after and how many now, all with their race, age and skills/sorcery and techne manufacture, soul/soul-less. Its high time for a Consult census.

Woden:
Apparently they have unlimited sranc, even with the toll imposed by scalpers and ordealmen. I don't know how many they had before all of that started but maybe billions.
I wonder how many bashrag, dragons, skin-spies and erratics they have now.

Madness:

--- Quote from: TaoHorror on September 05, 2017, 05:41:25 pm ---I think one of the "Mutilated" isn't badly hurt if I remember correctly. Just wondering how much of the damage they suffered effected their psychology ( maybe 1 is still sane - should we call them The Mutilated +1? ). It's understood they have minds like steel traps, but don't underestimate the effects of violent trauma, they're still human. And, as Bakker has pointed out, Kellhus made mistakes - the planet super-human now a common table seasoning. Could be 4 minds are stronger than 1, but it appeared he "out-classed" all 4 aggregately and still lost. While sporting extraordinary intellect, they are imperfect.
--- End quote ---

If the Survivor is any kind of cipher for the Mutilated, we're in for a ride ;).

--- Quote from: TaoHorror on September 05, 2017, 05:41:25 pm ---I digress ... agreed, POV from Moe leading Sylvendi with the TUC would apportion a nice POV for The Consult, if for no other reason I would like a roll call of The Consult. How many were there before Ishual, how many after and how many now, all with their race, age and skills/sorcery and techne manufacture, soul/soul-less. Its high time for a Consult census.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Woden on September 05, 2017, 06:43:12 pm ---Apparently they have unlimited sranc, even with the toll imposed by scalpers and ordealmen. I don't know how many they had before all of that started but maybe billions.
I wonder how many bashrag, dragons, skin-spies and erratics do they have now.

--- End quote ---

Well, we can surmise that the Mutilated are responsible for the Tekne innovations by the Consult in TAE: Sayothi Skin-Spies, which is almost certainly a nod to Zeum being permeated as far back as TJE, the increase in Weapon-Race numbers, the Tekne-Nuke, the Carapace with no Chorae.

Also, at least one of the Mutilated is of the Few and it would seem a given that the Wracu will return.

H:

--- Quote from: Madness on September 08, 2017, 02:40:31 am ---Well, we can surmise that the Mutilated are responsible for the Tekne innovations by the Consult in TAE: Sayothi Skin-Spies, which is almost certainly a nod to Zeum being permeated as far back as TJE, the increase in Weapon-Race numbers, the Tekne-Nuke, the Carapace with no Chorae.
--- End quote ---

Perhaps the biggest questions are (to me), where is the Sun Lance (and Heron Spear) now?  Also, with the advances, did they circumvent the "time-limit" on the No-God?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version