Earwa > The No-God

The Mutilated: A Census

<< < (2/9) > >>

Madness:

--- Quote from: H on September 08, 2017, 11:51:00 am ---
--- Quote from: Madness on September 08, 2017, 02:40:31 am ---Well, we can surmise that the Mutilated are responsible for the Tekne innovations by the Consult in TAE: Sayothi Skin-Spies, which is almost certainly a nod to Zeum being permeated as far back as TJE, the increase in Weapon-Race numbers, the Tekne-Nuke, the Carapace with no Chorae.
--- End quote ---

Perhaps the biggest questions are (to me), where is the Sun Lance (and Heron Spear) now?  Also, with the advances, did they circumvent the "time-limit" on the No-God?

--- End quote ---

We should probably make a new thread, shouldn't we...

Madness:
And done. As we were 8).

--- Quote from: H on September 08, 2017, 11:51:00 am ---
--- Quote from: Madness on September 08, 2017, 02:40:31 am ---Well, we can surmise that the Mutilated are responsible for the Tekne innovations by the Consult in TAE: Sayothi Skin-Spies, which is almost certainly a nod to Zeum being permeated as far back as TJE, the increase in Weapon-Race numbers, the Tekne-Nuke, the Carapace with no Chorae.
--- End quote ---

Perhaps the biggest questions are (to me), where is the Sun Lance (and Heron Spear) now?  Also, with the advances, did they circumvent the "time-limit" on the No-God?

--- End quote ---

Likely the Sun Lance is in the hands of the Horde, thus the Mutilated, functional or otherwise. Heron Spear is still MIA.

I'm still not convinced that the No-God 2.0 without Chorae was because Kellhus is of the Few - rather, I'm fairly sure that the reason that the OG No-God needed Chorae was to contain the soul within, in perpetuity. The Consult had forgotten enough of the Tekne to boot up the No-God properly and didn't seem to get the No-God working again before Shauriatas, as he was the most accomplished sorcerer of the group and macgyver'd a sorcerous duct-tape.

Honestly, I want more body horror from Bakker. Go full Silent-Hill, let's have some new Weapons-Races. And Battle-Synthese!

TLEILAXU:
What's the consensus on Shae living on in the Mutilated? I don't get why they'd say that Shae was "undone" if that was the case. Also, we definitely need some Mutilated POV in TNG and more weapon races indeed! I wonder if the Consult captured any of the whale-mothers. Would be cool to see what might be done with Dûnyain physiology and the Tekne combined.

H:

--- Quote from: Madness on September 08, 2017, 03:35:54 pm ---I'm still not convinced that the No-God 2.0 without Chorae was because Kellhus is of the Few - rather, I'm fairly sure that the reason that the OG No-God needed Chorae was to contain the soul within, in perpetuity. The Consult had forgotten enough of the Tekne to boot up the No-God properly and didn't seem to get the No-God working again before Shauriatas, as he was the most accomplished sorcerer of the group and macgyver'd a sorcerous duct-tape.
--- End quote ---

That is possible.  Bakker said the the No-God 1.0 had a time limit.  This is why it had to sally forth at some point, despite it's vulnerability to the (still missing) Heron Spear.  That's up in the air now with NG 2.0 though.

If it were possible to leave the Chorae in place, it would seem much more prudent to do so, making the Sarcophagus immune to sorcery though.  Since they were removed, it's plausible to think that it simply was deemed not possible.  Or, thought to not be possible.  I do think, in this case then, that the Chorae were removed for Kellhus' sake.  The N-G 1.0 worked with the Chorae in place, it just seems unlikely 2.0 could not function with them in place, aside the issue of salting Kellhus in the act of insertion.

Considering that they tried numerous different souls in the Sarcophagus with no success, with the Chorae in place, I don't think that has any real importance on if the soul will "boot it" or not.  The soul's particular character is what matters, nothing else, in my mind.

Madness:

--- Quote from: tleilaxu on September 09, 2017, 05:14:47 pm ---What's the consensus on Shae living on in the Mutilated? I don't get why they'd say that Shae was "undone" if that was the case.
--- End quote ---

I'll put forth again, as I did in the 15+ pages of speculation on the topic, that Shauriatas managed - probably with the help of the Dunyain - to upload himself to the Ark because I think it would fit further thematic exploration by Bakker.

However, I was totally against the Shauriatas subsumed the Mutilated until Somnambulist suggested that the Mutilated would have absolutely no defense against Cants of Compulsions (which is probably what Consult sorcerers would use to manipulate captured Dunyain).

--- Quote from: tleilaxu on September 09, 2017, 05:14:47 pm ---Also, we definitely need some Mutilated POV in TNG and more weapon races indeed! I wonder if the Consult captured any of the whale-mothers. Would be cool to see what might be done with Dûnyain physiology and the Tekne combined.

--- End quote ---

I wanted with Kellhus and now still hope with the Mutilated that Bakker will go full Neuropath with it, body augmentations included. Basically, lay out his perceived horror of his transhumanism argument while our narrative heroes strive in vain against it.

--- Quote from: H on September 11, 2017, 02:25:35 pm ---That is possible.  Bakker said the the No-God 1.0 had a time limit.  This is why it had to sally forth at some point, despite it's vulnerability to the (still missing) Heron Spear.  That's up in the air now with NG 2.0 though.

If it were possible to leave the Chorae in place, it would seem much more prudent to do so, making the Sarcophagus immune to sorcery though.  Since they were removed, it's plausible to think that it simply was deemed not possible.  Or, thought to not be possible.  I do think, in this case then, that the Chorae were removed for Kellhus' sake.  The N-G 1.0 worked with the Chorae in place, it just seems unlikely 2.0 could not function with them in place, aside the issue of salting Kellhus in the act of insertion.
--- End quote ---

I get the thought about Kellhus' safety entering the Carapace, still not sure about it. I suppose it's nice that the Whirlwind has all the Chorae this time except what's... barely left in the south.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version