Earwa > The Crabikiad

What's the story!?

<< < (2/6) > >>

Monkhound:
I'm not sure, but I also sense a parallel coming relating to Oinaral Lastborn. Not sure if it's The Boy who's going to get that story, or Akka's and Mim's son.

TLEILAXU:

--- Quote from: Redeagl on September 08, 2017, 04:58:51 pm ---I have no idea for the time being, and can't figure out why he has a book just for himself. Last time we saw him he wasn't far from the Agongorea, no?  So maybe it chronicle his survival in the wilderness and his philosophical changes?  I read a theory here that I really liked, it says that Crabicus will encounter a secret cult like his also nameless ancestor did in the First Apocalypse.

--- End quote ---
Maybe not specifically a secret cult, but something that will mirror what happened during the first apocalypse. Regardless I have little idea of what the story's going to be, but I'm pretty confident the world WILL be shut-off.

solipsisticurge:
Bakker's hinted we might get a look at Eanna, and that Crabicus' story doesn't have much overlap with the rest of the events of the Second Apocalypse. He might beeline east and become the equivalent of a metagnostic Shaman.

Anything other than the Eannan tribe swooping in last second with super-Tekne to save the day.

Otherwise, who knows? It's a novel chance to explore aspects of the setting through completely unconditioned eyes, with Kellhus-level intellect unbound by Dunyain ideological pursuits.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

profgrape:
I mentioned this in another thread.  But I'm wondering if Crabicus ended up following the Scylvendi to Golgatterath.  And that the Crabikiad might be the story of the boy confronting the only remaining Dunyain while the rest of the action heads south.

H:

--- Quote from: profgrape on September 11, 2017, 04:36:00 pm ---I mentioned this in another thread.  But I'm wondering if Crabicus ended up following the Scylvendi to Golgatterath.  And that the Crabikiad might be the story of the boy confronting the only remaining Dunyain while the rest of the action heads south.
--- End quote ---

I don't know, he seemed pretty apt to get away from the Scylvendi, knowing they would want to kill him.

I think he strikes east, meeting up with Kosoter, to play the role of "the kid" and "the Judge" from Blood Meridian.

I'll leave this litterary analysys here, more for my own ease of find later than anything else.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version