Earwa > The No-God

Kellhus and the Dreams - what could it lead to?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Francis Buck:

--- Quote from: stuslayer on May 25, 2018, 12:35:38 pm ---Seswatha's Dreams were always very narrative, and Akka would search for meaning and direction within them, for example finding out about the map to Ishual hidden at Sauglish. Do you think this would be the way Kellhus' Dreams would manifest? Or is it more likely that Kellhus would be more immediate, perhaps like Jagang in the Imperial Order from Terry Badnasty's Wizard's First Rule series? He would become the Goad to stopping the No God, in opposition to the Goad of the IF...

--- End quote ---

I would say that the Mandate's Dreams were already the Goad in opposition to the Inverse Fire. At the very least I certainly think the symbolism with this was intentional on RSB's part.

Wilshire:
Shit maybe I'll go grab some of the redacted Seswatha passages, but if Kellhus appears in dreams it certainly would imply to me that he exists still. Like a disease he infected the world, and like a virus maybe he's been able to spread his consciousness from dream to dream, Akka being patient zero way back in the beginning.

Kellhus resurfacing and supplanting the consciousness of waking mandati seems not out of the question.

ThoughtsOfThelli:

--- Quote from: stuslayer on May 25, 2018, 12:35:38 pm ---Seswatha's Dreams were always very narrative, and Akka would search for meaning and direction within them, for example finding out about the map to Ishual hidden at Sauglish. Do you think this would be the way Kellhus' Dreams would manifest? Or is it more likely that Kellhus would be more immediate, perhaps like Jagang in the Imperial Order from Terry Badnasty's Wizard's First Rule series? He would become the Goad to stopping the No God, in opposition to the Goad of the IF...

--- End quote ---

I'd think that Dream Kellhus would be more direct than Seswatha, but I could also see him being cryptic/not disclosing certain pieces of information/etc., essentially continuing his Dûnyain manipulation from beyond the grave.

--- Quote from: Francis Buck on August 02, 2018, 10:11:15 pm ---I would say that the Mandate's Dreams were already the Goad in opposition to the Inverse Fire. At the very least I certainly think the symbolism with this was intentional on RSB's part.

--- End quote ---

I had never thought about the Dreams in opposition to the Inverse Fire like that, but it does make sense.

--- Quote from: Wilshire on August 06, 2018, 05:12:20 pm ---Shit maybe I'll go grab some of the redacted Seswatha passages, but if Kellhus appears in dreams it certainly would imply to me that he exists still. Like a disease he infected the world, and like a virus maybe he's been able to spread his consciousness from dream to dream, Akka being patient zero way back in the beginning.

Kellhus resurfacing and supplanting the consciousness of waking mandati seems not out of the question.

--- End quote ---

That makes Dream Kellhus sound very creepy and insidious...which would be right in character. Kind of reminds me of the Thing, but involving a mental rather than physical assimilation. ;)

Wilshire:

--- Quote from: ThoughtsOfThelli on August 06, 2018, 05:18:54 pm ---
--- Quote from: Wilshire on August 06, 2018, 05:12:20 pm ---Shit maybe I'll go grab some of the redacted Seswatha passages, but if Kellhus appears in dreams it certainly would imply to me that he exists still. Like a disease he infected the world, and like a virus maybe he's been able to spread his consciousness from dream to dream, Akka being patient zero way back in the beginning.

--- End quote ---

That makes Dream Kellhus sound very creepy and insidious...which would be right in character. Kind of reminds me of the Thing, but involving a mental rather than physical assimilation. ;)

--- End quote ---
Like how people were subsumed by the sranc meat, except we're talking about Kellhus here so obviously way more aggressive. Perhaps whenever a sorcerer goes to sleep Kellhus takes over...

Though Kellhus main thing is to take over the strongest. Lets see, who is the strongest sorcerers around. Basically just Akka, and perhaps Serwe

TaoHorror:

--- End quote ---

This could explain why Akka taught him sorcery - Akka was so worried he was inadvertently fulfilling the prophesy, yet he did it anyways - what comes after determines what came before ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version