General > Introduce Yourself

Hello!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Wilshire:

--- Quote from: Unrepentant Schoolman on January 14, 2019, 04:37:31 pm ---Ahh that is a shame ... there is so much to discuss in the 2nd apocalypse series .... meeting in person and with the author must have been a wonderful experience.

--- End quote ---

Hey we used to meet up online weekly and discussed. There's always something happening, especially if you're the one making it happen ;) .

But the intermittent and passively permanent nature of the forum makes long discussion capable to be had over large periods of time. Its a slower pace than what we're typically used to, with IM/skype/whatever-social-media, but I really do enjoy this particular medium. It feels closer to sitting around with a drink talking to friends than other alternatives :).

TaoHorror:
H says he created a Discord account - we should resurrect the weekly meet ups, would be cool. You'all can check out the new psychology I'm sporting  :D

SmilerLoki:

--- Quote from: TaoHorror on January 15, 2019, 01:22:35 am ---H says he created a Discord account - we should resurrect the weekly meet ups, would be cool. You'all can check out the new psychology I'm sporting  :D

--- End quote ---
There in fact does exist a Discord server, of which I'm a member. So far it's pretty quiet, though.

TaoHorror:

--- Quote from: SmilerLoki on January 15, 2019, 02:03:44 am ---
--- Quote from: TaoHorror on January 15, 2019, 01:22:35 am ---H says he created a Discord account - we should resurrect the weekly meet ups, would be cool. You'all can check out the new psychology I'm sporting  :D

--- End quote ---
There in fact does exist a Discord server, of which I'm a member. So far it's pretty quiet, though.

--- End quote ---

I've never used Discord - what do I do? Download something or connect through their site? What you mean by "Discord server" - Discord provides a server for every group or just terminology segregating groups? Would be cool to meet y'all "in person".

SmilerLoki:

--- Quote from: TaoHorror on January 15, 2019, 02:10:19 am ---
--- Quote from: SmilerLoki on January 15, 2019, 02:03:44 am ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I've never used Discord - what do I do? Download something or connect through their site? What you mean by "Discord server" - Discord provides a server for every group or just terminology segregating groups? Would be cool to meet y'all "in person".

--- End quote ---
Discord is a Skype-like app, only better than Skype in every respect. You can get it here:
https://discordapp.com/

Download and install it, don't be fooled into using their browser interface, the app is much more convenient. I'm using it for some time, and so far encountered no security issues whatsoever.

After installing the app you would need a link for the server, which I've sent you via PM (I hope H wouldn't mind). And you're absolutely correct, "Discord server" is basically a term for group chat. Discord servers do have a bit more options than old school group chats (like our Quorum here), but at the end of the day they're still group chats.

Oh, and it would be best to not link the server publicly, since Discord spam is a thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version