General > News/Announcements

Donations to Bakker

<< < (2/7) > >>

Rots:
I donated to the cause. God knows what i gave is a poor representation of what i have received from RSB these last 10+ years.

What Came Before:
Even monetarily, from what he receives in royalties, is a pittance for the expansion in brain/mind, I'd think.

For instance, he probably receives a twonie ($2 in Canadiaglish) for every book someone buys... I probably personally gave Bakker more money than all of the books I've bought :(...

kellykellhus:

--- Quote from: Rots on May 03, 2013, 03:10:43 am ---I donated to the cause. God knows what i gave is a poor representation of what i have received from RSB these last 10+ years.

--- End quote ---

Yup, I've received so much enjoyment from Bakker's works over the years that I have no problem donating to the cause. I wish PoN reaped for Bakker the same rewards that aSoIaF has reaped for Martin. Not only would we be getting an awesome TV show, we'd also be getting tons of written material from Bakker. Sadly, that's not the case with Martin and while I have a hard time being sympathetic towards Martin's excuses for his delays, I'm totally supportive of Bakker and his current circumstances.

I'd love it if Bakker did a Kickstarter for a PoN/AE art-book or something similar. I don't know if the publishers have the rights to things like that, but if they didn't, I'd definitely be on board for it or any other cool PoN endeavor.

What Came Before:
I discovered a kickstarter for a Graphic Novel of TDTCB... I`ll have to dig up the link as it was already expired by the time I found it, with not one pledge :(.

Wilshire:
Oh geez that is a shame. Thats would be awesome.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version