Miscellaneous Chatter > General Misc.

Red Dead Redemption : Ending

<< < (3/3)

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---I heard a good theory about the publication rights in the switchover between production companies.

Harlow was copyrighted and the new company needed some way to reference the former Pronoun in the narrative.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Callan S. ---It's odd that I'm pursuing this here, of all the places for so many other flags, but I thought rockstar owned both red dead games? They bought the first from capcom, I believe, when it was in early development.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Madness ---Let it be so odd, Callan. Nothing wrong with some damned miscellaneous chatter going on in the Misc. Chatter subforum, right ;)?

The way I interpreted the story was that someone, somewhere had copyright to the intellectual property that is Nate Harlow and Red as character names. Maybe Rockstar hired from out of house for parts of the script? The thought goes that the new story was supposed to reflect the years between games and the life and times of Red, as he'd lived on, based on being unable to refer to the original character.
--- End quote ---

What Came Before:

--- Quote from: Callan S. ---Tis a mystery. Tried googling it, but since my internet is shaped to suckzorz right now, couldn't even bring up a wiki article on it. Maybe next month.

I think I'm going to settle on some kind of scar curse that travels between men! When in doubt, Occam's Dragon! The guy on the front of red dead revolver does look slightly different from the cover of red dead redemption.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version