Panpsychism: 3 Reasons Why Our World is Brimming with Sentience?

• 3 Replies

sciborg2

• Old Name
  • Contrarian Wanker
  • "Trickster Makes This World"
    • View Profile
« on: January 13, 2019, 09:19:18 am »
Panpsychism: 3 Reasons Why Our World is Brimming with Sentience

These following arguments – briefly:

that the mental cannot emerge from ‘matter’,
that ‘matter’ is but an abstraction,
and that the brain is not a necessary condition for mentality

– will be elucidated by combining and augmenting the thoughts of various thinkers. Thereafter certain reasons for the rejection of panpsychism will be considered – reasons histrionic, philosophic, cultural, and historic. Ultimately my intention is not merely to inform the reader as to what panpsychism is and why it is held, but to instill in the reader the cognizance that this mind-matter theory is not only an option that is serious, but moreover, the option most plausible.

sciborg2

• Old Name
  • Contrarian Wanker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 09:23:53 am »
Just to be clear not endorsing [or refuting] Panpsychism necessarily, just thought the paper would be an interesting enough read...

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 02:26:20 pm »
Just to be clear not endorsing [or refuting] Panpsychism necessarily, just thought the paper would be an interesting enough read...

Dude, stop - you put this out there, you are by far and away the most Panpsychic in the group. So now I ask you, where is my mind?
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

sciborg2

• Old Name
  • Contrarian Wanker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 06:10:41 pm »

Dude, stop - you put this out there, you are by far and away the most Panpsychic in the group. So now I ask you, where is my mind?

Heh if I'm anything I'm a Dual Aspect Neutral Monist...which would suggest there's stuff and we can look at it qualitatively and quantitatively, from within the experiential event or from position of observing other events...but beyond my confidence that materialism is false I don't have much more to offer on where Mind is or even what it is.

Why I figured it was more fruitful to think about how to incorporate metaphysical positions into RPG magic systems.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 06:12:46 pm by sciborg2 »