What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
    • First Second Apocalypse
« on: June 04, 2013, 04:40:24 pm »
Quote from: Wilshire
Edit: answered my own question.
"Scott will be reading and responding to questions on Thursday, November15th, at 4:00 PM in the Paul Martin Centre. "

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 04:40:32 pm »
Quote from: Madness
The funny thing is that I'm wondering if that is literally just a random class/course at Laurier - though had I been down south, I'd totally have just barged in there and sat quietly in the back.

But, obviously, public reading and meeting Bakker! Key.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 04:40:38 pm »
I emailed a professor there that taught a 200 level english course that used TDTCB as a required text. Turns out, the person I emailed is also the university's english department chairperson, so I don't really expect an email back.
 I'll be about 2 hours away, so if I do get a time and place and its late enough in the day, I might just skip a couple classes and show up :P. Who needs physics labs or chemical systems control anyways? Totally worth it if he gives away another signed book like he did last time.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 04:40:46 pm »
I would love to have TDTCB as required reading. From the sounds of the blog post, I think that Bakker wants to do something informal after the public reading. Bring a copy of something and a working pen, just in case. You should definitely skip class and attend it all.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 04:40:52 pm »
"Scott will be reading and responding to questions on Thursday, November15th, at 4:00 PM in the Paul Martin Centre. Hope to see you there."

Thats late enough for me to hope. We shall see.

Any insightful question I should ask? I can't really think of much that I'd like to ask, but if I ended up going I could certainly ask a question or two if anyone had ideas.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 04:41:00 pm »
Quote from: Church
just become the ultimate fanboy and dress up as an inchoroi. that's what i'd do if i lived in Canada anyway

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 04:41:08 pm »
just become the ultimate fanboy and dress up as an inchoroi. that's what i'd do if i lived in Canada anyway
A bit last minute, i'll consider it though.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 04:41:15 pm »
Quote from: jogrady
film and post

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 04:41:23 pm »
Quote from: Callan S.
Well, I've already got the pendulous phali part of the 'costume'....nyuk nyuk nyuk

In other news; jelous of those who can attend!

And I second jogrady. Film and post!

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2013, 04:41:30 pm »
Good thing I've got good friends in my classes who will cover for me and turn in my homework. Everything worked out, now all i gotta do is not get lost on my way there and I'm good to go.

I wonder if anyone on this forum will be there. Sure would be funny to run into some of you IRL. I should be easy to pick out, since im fairly certain I'll be the only one wearing a blue and white letterman jacket (unless my friend comes, then maybe 1 of 2).

I have no recording device or I certainly would film and post. I'll at least least write down anything profound so I can report it to you fellas.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2013, 04:43:10 pm »
Quote from: bbaztek
i'll be the guy up front awkwardly fidgeting in his inchoroi costume. i apologize in advance if you won't be able to see over my wings.

seriously though, that sounds really cool. definitely keep us posted. a class with TDTCB on the syllabus is also something i didn't think was possible. that's must be one eccentric prof if i ever heard of one

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2013, 04:43:42 pm »
for the unbeliever!
http://www.wlu.ca/documents/31313/EN238_Weldon.pdf

James Weldon is the Prof. Seems like a rather friendly fellow.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2013, 04:43:50 pm »
Quote from: bbaztek
Man that is so freaking cool. 3 weeks discussing TDTCB, now that's tuition money well spent lol.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2013, 04:44:06 pm »
3 weeks AINT ENOUGH.

To be honest I'm glad I didn't have to read it in 3 weeks for a class. It would have been difficult and miserable.

What Came Before

• Administrator
  • Emwama
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2013, 04:44:13 pm »
Lol, I'd pay good money to take that course.

Also, I think Bakker is lecturing Wheldon's class sometime before the 4pm reading, Wilshire.

Just keep an open ear for narrative morsels... things to feed us when you come back. Truth is I have a couple local buddies going too, they just belong to the significantly larger demographic of Bakker readers who don't partake online discussions - you'd be surprised, I think. So I can't depend on them to remember... you must remember the words!

Just go with an open mind, be ready to have it blown and soak in the experience. Especially, since I hear Bakker's known for informal beers and signings after events like this. Let him know we all say hi and appreciate his works, if you get the chance. Lol, pimp the forum ;).