TUC Official Buys

• 164 Replies

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2017, 10:05:52 pm »
Gah!  This is so aggravating.  Anyone want to make some extra cash and ship me a copy?  I already ordered one from Waterston but I'm scared it won't make it in time.  I literally convinced my wife to push back our vacation so I could read this book and now it will release a day after I fly out of the country.

I still get pissed at myself for missing out on that one ebay sale where an ARC sold for 100.  The 300 ones were too much for me...

Try this:

http://www.waterstonesmarketplace.com/booksearch?isbn=9780356508719

The first listing states that they ship daily.
Mystery denotes darkness

Gorgorotterath

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2017, 11:04:01 am »
Got it yesterday at Waterstones in Oxford...I've just finished the White-luck Warrior reread. I guess The Great Ordeal reread will have to wait at this point...

I missed this before. Don't do it, Gogorotterath! You're so close. Just enjoy it as one whole book. Read TGO first!

Your point convinced me! I'm following your advice, Madness. I've started my TGO reread this morning, and I must admit that read immediately after the previous two books it pays off.

Hiro

• Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2017, 11:57:05 am »
Shipping confirmation!  ;D
Mystery denotes darkness

SilentRoamer

• The Smiling Knife
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2017, 12:15:13 pm »
Just placed my pre-order at Waterstones near where I live. They're not bringing into their general stock so special order only, trade paperback.

Should arrive by July 6th according to the nice lady I spoke to on the phone. Happy days.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2017, 01:14:29 pm »
SR :)! I think you have to get Overlook's edition for HC.

A reddit moderator at r/fantasy suggests looking on Book Depository to take advantage of that sweet free worldwide shipping.

Got it yesterday at Waterstones in Oxford...I've just finished the White-luck Warrior reread. I guess The Great Ordeal reread will have to wait at this point...

I missed this before. Don't do it, Gogorotterath! You're so close. Just enjoy it as one whole book. Read TGO first!

Your point convinced me! I'm following your advice, Madness. I've started my TGO reread this morning, and I must admit that read immediately after the previous two books it pays off.

Excellent :)!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 01:16:36 pm by Madness »
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

MisterGuyMan

• The Afflicted Few
  • Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2017, 02:03:07 pm »
Mine just shipped.  Reading through their site though it looks like a possible 2 week shiptime to USA.

I'm going to try switching my Kindle address or whatever and buy it on July 6 from the Amazon UK.  I just need this book ASAP honestly.

Wolfdrop

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2017, 03:51:03 pm »
No copies in Scotland at all. I went into Waterstones and they checked the system for me and said that there were a few stores down south with copies but literally every store had only 1 each. I can't remember them all but I'm sure they mentioned Carlisle, Cardiff, and a few others if anyone is in those areas. Belfast as well.

Looks like I'll just be waiting on my book depository pre-order :(.

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2017, 06:35:03 pm »
No copies in Scotland at all. I went into Waterstones and they checked the system for me and said that there were a few stores down south with copies but literally every store had only 1 each. I can't remember them all but I'm sure they mentioned Carlisle, Cardiff, and a few others if anyone is in those areas. Belfast as well.

Looks like I'll just be waiting on my book depository pre-order :(.

The Princess street one in Edinburgh offered to order me one in, said a couple of days, but they had one in the Sauchihall street Glasgow so just went there instead, another person beat us both to the punch. So we have 3 of us in Scotland.

Where about in Scotland are you?

Wolfdrop

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2017, 07:03:44 pm »
Awesome, didn't realise there'd be so many. I'm in Glasgow. It was the Stirling store I checkd though.

I've ordered the one in the Carlisle store to get picked up on Argyle Street, so hopefully it's only a day or two!

themerchant

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Captain Slogger
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2017, 07:24:52 pm »
Awesome, didn't realise there'd be so many. I'm in Glasgow. It was the Stirling store I checkd though.

I've ordered the one in the Carlisle store to get picked up on Argyle Street, so hopefully it's only a day or two!

Yeah hopefully just a couple of days. :)

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2017, 08:30:14 pm »
THE MERCH has helped MSJ get his Unholy of Unholies on the earliest date possible. Your the man! If I'm ever in Scotland, we'll put on kilts, get shitfacedd on some good Scotch and reenacte Braveheart or some shit. Sound good?
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

MisterGuyMan

• The Afflicted Few
  • Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2017, 03:08:13 pm »
The book officially releases in the UK tomorrow.  I was planning on getting a VPN service to mask my IP address and buy the ebook from this site:
https://www.kobo.com/nl/en/ebook/the-unholy-consult
I wanted to confirm that it worked first before posting my plans here.  Thankfully I just checked and the book i ordered last week is already out for delivery so I can spare myself the attempt.  If anyone wishes to try and get the book early this way TunnelBear, a popular and, what I read anyway, very reliable VPN service also has a free 7 day free trial.  I will try this tonight if my book isn't delivered for whatever reason and share what I find.

EDIT:  Just wanted to thank Madness for providing that bookstore with the free preview of the first 2 chapters.  It's what gave me this idea in the first place.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 03:13:19 pm by MisterGuyMan »

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2017, 03:12:18 pm »
The book officially releases in the UK tomorrow.  I was planning on getting a VPN service to mask my IP address and buy the ebook from this site:
I wanted to confirm that it worked first before posting my plans here.  Thankfully I just checked and the book i ordered last week is already out for delivery so I can spare myself the attempt.  If anyone wishes to try and get the book early this way TunnelBear, a popular and, what I read anyway, very reliable VPN service also has a free 7 day free trial.  I will try this tonight if my book isn't delivered for whatever reason and share what I find.

I'm pretty sure you can just make an account of Amazon.co.uk with a UK address and it should work, regardless of your IP.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Moosehunter

• Suthenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2017, 03:54:01 pm »
Just got fed up waiting until tomorrow for my book.

Went to Amazon.com.au and registered an address there (it's the 6th there yay)
Bought the kindle version and logged back to co.uk.

And now my slog begins............

MisterGuyMan

• The Afflicted Few
  • Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2017, 03:58:47 pm »

I'm pretty sure you can just make an account of Amazon.co.uk with a UK address and it should work, regardless of your IP.
That was Plan C.  There are many rooms within the Thousandfold Thought.  ^_^