Miscellaneous Chatter > General Misc.

What are you watching?

<< < (71/72) > >>

TaoHorror:

--- Quote from: H on June 01, 2021, 01:26:16 pm ---
--- Quote from: TaoHorror on May 31, 2021, 11:07:35 pm ---Bloodlands
--- End quote ---

Huh, might have to check this out.

If you weren't watching Mare of Easttown though, I think it is another good option.  Nothing revolutionary, but the show (to me) is very well written and well acted, even if it is a bit formulaic.  But it doesn't pull any punches really.  The show is complete as on Sunday, 7 episodes.

--- End quote ---

The kids depart to their mother's tomorrow, so I'll start this show this weekend. It looks like my kinda thing.

TaoHorror:

--- Quote from: TaoHorror on June 03, 2021, 05:36:23 pm ---
--- Quote from: H on June 01, 2021, 01:26:16 pm ---
--- Quote from: TaoHorror on May 31, 2021, 11:07:35 pm ---Bloodlands
--- End quote ---

Huh, might have to check this out.

If you weren't watching Mare of Easttown though, I think it is another good option.  Nothing revolutionary, but the show (to me) is very well written and well acted, even if it is a bit formulaic.  But it doesn't pull any punches really.  The show is complete as on Sunday, 7 episodes.

--- End quote ---

The kids depart to their mother's tomorrow, so I'll start this show this weekend. It looks like my kinda thing.

--- End quote ---

I started this, H - I dig it, I like it a lot so far, some nice humor strewed about.

I watched City on a Hill ( 2 seasons out so far ). Bit over done in parts, if you can forgive it for that, there is some great dark comedy. Pay attention to episode 5 in season 1 - don't consider this a spoiler really since it's an ancillary part of the story, so I'll spill it: the (sorta) corrupt Boston FBI agent ( Jackie Rohr - Kevin Bacon ) and this NYC cop hate each other and the cop is dying in an ambulance from gun fire and the agent torments him while he's dying, LOL! Some funny stuff. Anyways, not the greatest thing you'll ever watch, but it's pretty good.

H:
Snuck up on me, but War of the Worlds (from Fox/Epix/Canal+) is back on.  If you can understand French, all the season 2 episodes have aired, but Epix is over halfway though the show now too (I guess with an English dub?).

TaoHorror:

--- Quote from: H on June 21, 2021, 01:37:14 pm ---Snuck up on me, but War of the Worlds (from Fox/Epix/Canal+) is back on.  If you can understand French, all the season 2 episodes have aired, but Epix is over halfway though the show now too (I guess with an English dub?).

--- End quote ---

Sheeeeeeeit - I was watching for when season 2 would hit, but missed it, sigh. Maybe I can stream them off the app. Season 1 was about half English, is season 2 all French?

H:

--- Quote from: TaoHorror on June 21, 2021, 04:33:06 pm ---Sheeeeeeeit - I was watching for when season 2 would hit, but missed it, sigh. Maybe I can stream them off the app. Season 1 was about half English, is season 2 all French?
--- End quote ---

Not sure how they are doing it on the US airing by Epix.  But the "original" French airing is partly in French, mostly in English.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version