• 140 Replies

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2017, 08:18:46 pm »
Chiefs. I thought they was gonna run away the AFC West....then, what happened?

Kareem Hunt is a beast and a great surprise for my FF team! I like Alex Smith, but think Mahonnes will be a good NFL QB.  Cheifs have a bright future!
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2017, 12:57:31 am »
Fantasy Football has been delicious for me this year. My team was the 2nd lowest scoring team in our league of 10 teams, yet I find myself in the bowl game, bwaa ha ha haaaaa! I love it! Got lucky with other teams having their bad weeks against me and then I got hot in the end and playoffs. One more win and I get it all! I bullshit you not, my team is called The Erratics - and yes, PON inspired. When I re-joined 8 years back ( I had left for a few years ), the other players made fun of my name, saying it was bland and juvenile. I explained to them it's the noun, not the verb which means I hate what I do, which pretty much sums up my participation in this league ( I was begged to come back, another dropped out at last minute and they were stuck ).
It's me, Dave, open up, I've got the stuff

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2017, 02:30:20 am »
I've never played in a Fantasy Football league. What's a good number of participants in a league? It'd be interesting to form a TSA Forum FF league.
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

-from "Snow Falling On Cedars", by David Guterson

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2017, 02:55:23 am »
I've never played in a Fantasy Football league. What's a good number of participants in a league? It'd be interesting to form a TSA Forum FF league.

I think 10 is the optimal number ( there isn't a "perfect" number ). 8 teams and every team is stacked and you struggle to know who to start. 10 thins the talent some and makes it a bit easier to determine your starting line up.

Bolivar

• Great Name
  • The Articulate Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2017, 09:54:10 pm »
Mr. Gannondorf/Bakkerfans roots for the Pats.

I'm an NYG fan in my early 30s so it goes without saying what my highs are. Both sides of my family are from North Jersey, both passed the Giants on to me. I would actually say the last few years might be the darkest times I've seen. Even the 11-5 season we had last year, it was embarrassing how devoid of talent and coaching the offense obviously was. It's just absurd that a team can go so many years with the same deficiencies at the same positions and only fire the GM now. I also knew McAdoo was a bad decision but assumed I just wasn't as smart as the lifelong football execs in the organization. Funny how that turned out.

Really looking forward to the playoffs this year, both wildcard races are kinda crazy right now, especially the NFC one. For the Superbowl I'd like to see the Jaguars and Vikings go at it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2017, 11:18:40 pm »
Need a NFL thread to get Bolivar to make an appearance!

Yea, we're natural enemies, as both our teams are in the NFC East. This year we don't have the same competitiveness that we usually do, but our division is usually tops in the NFL. Tough division to win, compared to say....uh the Pats. The should change the name to AFC Pansies!
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2017, 12:37:22 pm »
I'd consider myself an "honorary" Saints fan now though, so it would be neat to see them go the distance, even though I really don't think they will.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2018, 05:41:41 pm »
Watched the Bills win and the Bengals win to send the Bills to the playoffs for the first time since 2000 and the music city miracle (illegal lateral pass that didn't get overturned causing the Bills to lose the game).
One of the other conditions of possibility.

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2018, 08:01:02 pm »
It's very cool to see the Bills make the playoffs, especially when they did so when the Bengals eliminated the Ravens on a late touchdown by Bengals QB
Andy Dalton.

I hear that upwards of $70K has been donated by Bills fans to a charity sponsored by Andy Dalton.
"The heart of any other, because it has a will, would remain forever mysterious."

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2018, 08:19:54 pm »
I seen that about Dalton. Only reason I ever had any interest in the Bills is because Tyrod Taylor is my FF QB. And, I was pissed when the benched him for one game. I was going good in that league til that moment.

I'm really interested in how the Skins handle Cousins. They can franchise him again at 34.6 mil, that's more than like 10mil then the highest paid QB. I can't see them doing it honestly. But, how do we let him walk? He threw for over 4,000 yards and 20 TD's. All while not having, imho, a WR worth a lick, Jordan Reese (TE) injured, and a plethora of other injuries.  So, he put up great numbers with below average NFL talent. We just have to give the man a contract and be done with it. Its not worth resetting our franchise again over. But, Cousins holds all the cards, yet hasn't won a playoff game. And, that what the organization keeps saying when any word of contract comes up. Its a team sport and I don't care how good one player is, he won't by himself, get you to the playoffs or, he'll, 8 wins for that matter. Pay the man and build around. He's as good as any other young QB in the league at the moment.

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2018, 08:45:08 pm »
I made it to the finals with my "poor" FF team, but lost the final game - doh! It was close and the cat I lost to is cool, so it's ok.

I was at the Bucs final game of the season with my son ... awesome, awesome, awesome! Watching that last second 40 or so yard pass to win it blew us away. And it was especially tasty given we had Saints fans behind us and for most of the game, everyone was cordial ... but as the game was nearing it's conclusion, it was shaping up Saints were going to win and then the fans behind us got obnoxious and bragging and disrespectful ( not a huge deal since they're spending money in my town and they didn't use profanity nor did they seem drunk, but still ... ). Me and my son were quiet and left it alone, but when we took it from them, we exploded! hee hee hee hee ...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 08:49:14 pm by TaoHorror »

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2018, 09:16:29 pm »
Tao, when I was 26 or so before we had kids we went with my buddy to Orlando for vacation with his family. We got tickets to a WVU vs USF game at the Biucs stadium. Worst experience of my life at a game. We got beat and when we was leaving l had my 2 year old god-son on my shoulders. Well, a group of 3 or 4 students screamed in our face the whole way out of the stadium. Getting in my face and my buddies, and we never said a word to them. Once we got out of the stadium, one of the guys was, um, very persistent lets just say. We started going after him and chased him down and probably would've gave him the ads whipping he deserved if not for 2 and 6 year old boys watching us. I've never been so outraged in my life, tbh. Now, I know how visiting fans feel in Morgantown.....

But, Tampa Bay is beautiful, besides that.

BeardFisher-King

• Old Name
  • The 8-Trackless Steppe
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2018, 09:22:30 pm »
I seen that about Dalton. Only reason I ever had any interest in the Bills is because Tyrod Taylor is my FF QB. And, I was pissed when the benched him for one game. I was going good in that league til that moment.

I'm really interested in how the Skins handle Cousins. They can franchise him again at 34.6 mil, that's more than like 10mil then the highest paid QB. I can't see them doing it honestly. But, how do we let him walk? He threw for over 4,000 yards and 20 TD's. All while not having, imho, a WR worth a lick, Jordan Reese (TE) injured, and a plethora of other injuries.  So, he put up great numbers with below average NFL talent. We just have to give the man a contract and be done with it. Its not worth resetting our franchise again over. But, Cousins holds all the cards, yet hasn't won a playoff game. And, that what the organization keeps saying when any word of contract comes up. Its a team sport and I don't care how good one player is, he won't by himself, get you to the playoffs or, he'll, 8 wins for that matter. Pay the man and build around. He's as good as any other young QB in the league at the moment.

Good NFL QBs are in short supply, and the college game is not the best preparation for NFL QBs. So, yes, Washington needs to lock down Cousins. His numbers are more than respectable for an also-ran team.

MSJ, I heard some sports talk speculating that the NFC is a deeper conference than the AFC and that the NFC non-playoffs teams are much closer to competing than those in the AFC. Your thoughts?

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2018, 10:56:27 pm »
Quote from:  BFK
Good NFL QBs are in short supply, and the college game is not the best preparation for NFL QBs. So, yes, Washington needs to lock down Cousins. His numbers are more than respectable for an also-ran team.

MSJ, I heard some sports talk speculating that the NFC is a deeper conference than the AFC and that the NFC non-playoffs teams are much closer to competing than those in the AFC. Your thoughts?

Agreed on Cousins.

No, not really. If any sport can claim parity its the NFL. I really think, excluding the Browns and a few other teams who are just atrocious, that its the small things that separate a 10-12 win season from a 7-9 win season. Injuries, turnovers, coaching decisions and, really, just plain luck.

Thats why wether you hate em or love em, you have to respect the Patriots. They've built a dynasty. And, they've done it by having a culture. And, it all really boils down to Belichek and Brady. Peanut Butter and Jelly. Two guys that lucked out and got together and both have that one play, one game at a time attitude. And, I think it just trickles down the whole roster. They get almost anyone to buy in. And if the don't? You're gone. Bye. See ya later.

So, I think it all boils down to the small things in football. Taking it one play at a time, and winning that play. My old high school coach use to say, "If we get 3 yards a play, we'll be unstoppable!". And, think about it, he's right.

TaoHorror

• Old Name
  • whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2018, 01:08:30 am »
Tao, when I was 26 or so before we had kids we went with my buddy to Orlando for vacation with his family. We got tickets to a WVU vs USF game at the Biucs stadium. Worst experience of my life at a game. We got beat and when we was leaving l had my 2 year old god-son on my shoulders. Well, a group of 3 or 4 students screamed in our face the whole way out of the stadium. Getting in my face and my buddies, and we never said a word to them. Once we got out of the stadium, one of the guys was, um, very persistent lets just say. We started going after him and chased him down and probably would've gave him the ads whipping he deserved if not for 2 and 6 year old boys watching us. I've never been so outraged in my life, tbh. Now, I know how visiting fans feel in Morgantown.....

But, Tampa Bay is beautiful, besides that.

ugh, sorry about that - certainly didn't mean all of us Bucs/Tampa fans are the modicum of behavioral perfection. Glad you saw a game in our stadium, but sorry you encountered a band of losers, they come from all walks of life and from anywhere. To be clear, I in no way addressed the Saints fans directly nor harnessed any Saints on the way out, just uber jubilant with my son celebrating the victory - which I would not have done if not for the in-your-face action we received when it was clear we were going to lose - BUT DIDN'T!!! Woo-hoo!.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 01:10:36 am by TaoHorror »