• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2015, 11:56:35 pm »
This idea is absolutely fantastic guys!

So long as you guys don't mind me hoping on the movement here, I can canvas little old London, ON

LONDON, ON?  YOU ARE BAKKER

Camlost

• The Ginger-Beard Wizard
  • Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2015, 10:27:40 pm »
Who knows, maybe he'll happen upon one if he hasn't already caught wind of it.

Both the university and college in town run spec fic classes, so I was thinking I'd fill up those books that are on the reading lists once September rolls around

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2015, 02:29:41 am »
Who knows, maybe he'll happen upon one if he hasn't already caught wind of it.

Both the university and college in town run spec fic classes, so I was thinking I'd fill up those books that are on the reading lists once September rolls around

This is brilliant.
One of the other conditions of possibility.

Camlost

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2015, 11:06:36 pm »
Over the years I've taken both courses (also the sci-fi fiction ones) and I remember back when I was in the fantasy fiction course at the college that my prof was flipping through slides quickly at the end of a class to try and cover the important points before we left and I caught Bakker's name on one of them as I sat idly pretending to be listening.

I approached her after class about it (this was in the period where "we" were waiting to hear the final details and release date for WLW) and as it turns out it was a slide from the previous years course. She had had Bakker come in and do a reading and quest lecture for a period. It was as disappointing to learn it wasn't scheduled for out class as it was exciting to have noticed his name there in the first place.

So I'm kind of hoping those textbook lists might attract a few more to witness an apocalypse

Camlost

• Momurai
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2015, 02:47:21 am »
>Hit up Staples for a couple hundred bookmarks
>Spend more time cutting them than took to print them
>Head to biggest Chapters in town and impregnate the spec fic section with the sticky black semen that is the Second Apocalypse
>Martin, Erikson, Herbert, Rothfuss, Lovecraft, Tolkien, Abercrombie, Lawrence, Morgan, Simmons; the list goes on
>Next week, grab the spec fic reading lists and hit up the uni bookstore and some used shops

[Compressed some jpegs to get you guys some photos. Thanks Wilshire for the pro-tip  ;)]
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 02:47:35 pm by Camlost »

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2015, 12:35:14 pm »
Awesome work - though figure out how to attach photos :P. Pro tip, pay attention to file size.

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2015, 10:37:33 pm »
>Hit up Staples for a couple hundred bookmarks
>Spend more time cutting them than took to print them
>Head to biggest Chapters in town and impregnate the spec fic section with the sticky black semen that is the Second Apocalypse
>Martin, Erikson, Herbert, Rothfuss, Lovecraft, Tolkien, Abercrombie, Lawrence, Morgan, Simmons; the list goes on
>Next week, grab the spec fic reading lists and hit up the uni bookstore and some used shops

[Compressed some jpegs to get you guys some photos. Thanks Wilshire for the pro-tip  ;)]

Glorious Camlost!!!  As in you are and your work is!!!  how about "Camlost, Apostle of the Apocalypse"? :)

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2015, 06:09:47 pm »
Oh, just saw the photos. Love visual aides.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2015, 11:51:50 pm »
Oh yeah! Got some stellar literary terrorism in today, though I'm saddened to report (again) that Bakker is not stocked anywhere in Canada...

Deposited some more of my dwindling stack of bookmarks in Abercrombie, Abraham, Brooks, Cook, Erikson, Gaiman, Gemmell, Jordan, Lawrence, Martin, Moorcock, Newman, Prachett, Rothfuss, Sanderson, and Tolkien.

Also, while I was wasting my afternoon in book bliss, I overheard a women talking to her friend about getting her husband a new book, as he had caught up on ASOAIF. Unfortunately, as Bakker is not stocked (>:(), I couldn't immediately hand her TDTCB. So I recommended Gardens of the Moon, slipped in a bookmark for her, and sent her happily on her way (as she was about to buy a Wildcards anthology because Martin's name was on it). Hopefully, her hubby enjoys Erikson but ultimately finds his way to us :).
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2016, 05:33:57 pm »
I had forgotten about this, but when my wife was reading Darkness a few months back, she mentioned the book to someone she knows who lives in India.  He snap bought the entire series.  Last I heard though he hadn't actually started it yet though.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2016, 06:59:35 pm »
I have a stack of uncut bookmarks, probably 400 of them.