[TGO SPOILERS] Aorsi/Dagliash

• 83 Replies

profgrape

• The Afflicted Few
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2016, 05:02:26 pm »
A big mystery, indeed. Unless Kellhus is planning on building another Barricade, it's unclear what the Ordeal could do against the Ark. Almost makes me wonder if the whole thing is a feint to cover for something else...

Somnambulist

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Incontinent Water-bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2016, 05:15:44 pm »
A big mystery, indeed. Unless Kellhus is planning on building another Barricade, it's unclear what the Ordeal could do against the Ark. Almost makes me wonder if the whole thing is a feint to cover for something else...

This.  I was literally just thinking about the Holy War, and how it was just a vehicle to get him to Shimeh and his father.  The GO is just another vehicle, but what's the real destination this time?
No whistling on the slog!

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
    • The Original No-God Apologist
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2016, 05:28:46 pm »
This.  I was literally just thinking about the Holy War, and how it was just a vehicle to get him to Shimeh and his father.  The GO is just another vehicle, but what's the real destination this time?

Oh, it's defintely the Ark, but I think Kellhus just needs to be there.  He'll probably move to get in the same way that Seswatha did, blast his way in from under this time though rather than sneaking.  He might need the sorcerers to help excavate, or hold enough Bashrags at bay while he does.  That'd be my guess.  None are going to walk away though, but I don't even think Kellhus does, not in the literal sense at least.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Blackstone

• The Afflicted Few
  • Kijneta
  • Kellhus Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2016, 05:42:12 pm »

I still thing Golgotterath is the end goal. I suspect he has some plan to get into the Arc, I just don't know what that is.
Honor the Niom? Niom is my middle name.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2016, 03:28:50 am »
Lol - I'm still very much of the opinion that Kellhus, a Dunyain, co-opting the Tekne is the goal, in and of itself. I've very few guesses beyond that and I prefer not to grasp without evidence.

Should the Metameatshield be necessary implicitly to Kellhus's plans... probably something to do with the relationship between sorcerers, specifically, and the Outside.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Blackstone

• The Afflicted Few
  • Kijneta
  • Kellhus Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2016, 02:12:58 pm »
Lol - I'm still very much of the opinion that Kellhus, a Dunyain, co-opting the Tekne is the goal, in and of itself. I've very few guesses beyond that and I prefer not to grasp without evidence.

Should the Metameatshield be necessary implicitly to Kellhus's plans... probably something to do with the relationship between sorcerers, specifically, and the Outside.
I'm not separating Golgotterath and the Tekne. I firmly believe he wants the Tekne...the golden coffer, and Kell's reaction to it, was enough to confirm that for me.

profgrape

• The Afflicted Few
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2016, 04:04:35 pm »

I'm not separating Golgotterath and the Tekne. I firmly believe he wants the Tekne...the golden coffer, and Kell's reaction to it, was enough to confirm that for me.
I can't remember the details.  But there was a point in that scene where it appeared Kellhus could read what was on the coffer.  That plus his understanding the basic concepts of radiation sickness make me believe that the Tekne is indeed a big part of his endgame.

Blackstone

• The Afflicted Few
  • Kijneta
  • Kellhus Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2016, 05:37:01 pm »

I can't remember the details.  But there was a point in that scene where it appeared Kellhus could read what was on the coffer.  That plus his understanding the basic concepts of radiation sickness make me believe that the Tekne is indeed a big part of his endgame.
Hmm. I assumed he had deduced what the countdown meant, but you make an interesting point. How did he know about the radiation sickness. Could it be that Inchoroi has a version of OSHA that makes them put safety warning on the outside of nukes?
As opposed to a bomb (and maybe someone mentioned this) it could be a fuel cell that they modified to explode.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2016, 02:24:13 pm »
Quote from: mg

i wonder what it will mean if the decapitants are 'under Yatwer's jurisdiction' or something.  that is, that they might be sleeper agents, or will be able to resist Kellhus authority over them at some point.

Well we know through previous use of the Daimos, that the Ciphrang are bent to the will of the sorcerer who summons them. I.E., they're not going to turn on Kellhus.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2016, 12:43:13 am »
I read through the section where Saubon dies so quickly I didn't even catch the call back to TWP and Mengedda. Wow, how fucking utterly horrifying is that?
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2016, 12:59:54 pm »
I read through the section where Saubon dies so quickly I didn't even catch the call back to TWP and Mengedda. Wow, how fucking utterly horrifying is that?

It's great. Chills and shivers.

Someone did bring up, I think in The Parts Appalling, that Saubon said he 'd take all damnation for one day as king ;).
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

profgrape

• The Afflicted Few
  • Great Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2016, 02:13:19 pm »

Someone did bring up, I think in The Parts Appalling, that Saubon said he 'd take all damnation for one day as king ;).

Bakker is nothing if not extremely patient.  I'm sure he felt incredibly satisfied to close the loop on Saubon.

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2016, 11:55:11 pm »
Patient. He's fucking diabolical when you think about what he's been planning since TDTCB and just been like "wait and see, wait and see..."
The Existential Scream
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

Blackstone

• The Afflicted Few
  • Kijneta
  • Kellhus Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2016, 04:54:36 pm »

Much as Hugo Chavez actually became El Presidente for life ;D

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2016, 02:08:47 am »
Lol - traded it for the hundred Hells?
The Existential Scream