[TGO SPOILERS] Aorsi/Dagliash

• 83 Replies

Triskele

• The Afflicted Few
  • Kijneta
  • Condouchioned
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2016, 03:30:11 am »
I read through the section where Saubon dies so quickly I didn't even catch the call back to TWP and Mengedda. Wow, how fucking utterly horrifying is that?

Maybe the darkest and most horrifying moment in this entire series.  Wow.

When Kellhus first excavated the infernal device before it had been adequately described I wondered if it was like a fossilized-in-amber Titirga.  Gotta be down there somewhere, neh? :)

When Saccarees pondered contacting Kellhus but didn't I felt like it was some foreshadowing of disaster harkening back to the disaster in the previous book.  But then we never heard what came of the confrontation and he's just back there with Proyas at the end?  Strange.

What about Wreoleth early in the book?  Was it some Topos and the band of Ordealmen that went there became possessed in a way? 

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2016, 10:33:34 am »
What about Wreoleth early in the book?  Was it some Topos and the band of Ordealmen that went there became possessed in a way? 

Oh, it's definitly a Topos, but that didn't ever stop Sranc before.  No, I think it goes deeper than that, to the fact that it was a larder for the Consult.  The Consult must have marked both the place and the people in it somehow, in order to now have Sranc not just kill them all.

Presumably Sibawul bears that mark now.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

Walter

• The Afflicted Few
  • Kijneta
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2016, 05:43:54 pm »
Yeah, doesn't it say that the NO-God did something to the Sranc such that they avoid the mark of Wreoleth?  I thought it was a race wide hardwire of their brains.  Demonstrates the awesome power of the NG pretty well that it is still in place all these years later, and even overpowers the central Srancish compulsions.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2016, 08:07:18 pm »
Yeah, doesn't it say that the NO-God did something to the Sranc such that they avoid the mark of Wreoleth?  I thought it was a race wide hardwire of their brains.  Demonstrates the awesome power of the NG pretty well that it is still in place all these years later, and even overpowers the central Srancish compulsions.

I thought it said that the specific area was marked by some means and that's how Sibawul was also marked, by spending too much time there. I dunno, could be wrong. Can't wait to actually have the book again.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2016, 06:02:29 am »
Wreoleth is the point of biggest confusion for me from this book.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2016, 02:11:59 pm »
Wreoleth is the point of biggest confusion for me from this book.

As to how?  Or why?
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

locke

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 24, 2016, 05:23:06 pm »
As to what.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 24, 2016, 07:39:05 pm »
As to what.

I might be missing the point, but it certainly just seems like a Topos, just a bit stranger than any we saw before.

It would seem to me though that every Topos probably has its own "flavor" of sorts though.

MSJ

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Yatwer's Baby Daddy
  • "You killed the wolf"
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 24, 2016, 09:12:00 pm »
I think it's different. Don't know what it is, but it's different. It could be a Topos and probably is, but it's marked in some fashion and Sibawul obtained that Mark somehow. How I read it anyways.
“No. I am your end. Before your eyes I will put your seed to the knife. I will quarter your carcass and feed it to the dogs. Your bones I will grind to dust and cast to the winds. I will strike down those who speak your name or the name of your fathers, until ‘Yursalka’ becomes as meaningless as infant babble. I will blot you out, hunt down your every trace! The track of your life has come to me,