Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« on: May 12, 2016, 01:54:40 am »
Fleeing the burning forest surrounding Sauglish and the dead remains of the Skin Eaters and the Nonman King Nil'giccas, Achamian and Mimara find the ruins of Ishual, birthplace of Anasurimbor Kellhus...
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 04:44:24 pm by Madness »
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

mrganondorf

• The Mouth of Bakker Fans
  • Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
    • R. Scott Bakker Fans (on Twitter)

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
  • The Original No-God Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 10:19:51 am »
No-God = Zero-God = Yatwer, amirite???

I don't know that I'd buy that...

I need to reread that section, but it certainly didn't appear to me that No-God=Zero-God.

No-God is inverse God.

Zero-God is the God of everything (and possibly nothing), aka The Absolute.

Yatwer, well, I don't think she can see either of those actually.
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 03:15:09 pm »
Yatwer isn't another fragment, she's the absence that makes the fragments possible--the Nonmen have been worshipping her the whole time!!!

For real though, Mimara is changing, and that is disturbing.  If there is a soul in that fancy shirt she's wearing, well that won't be good.  Sorweel all over again.

Ok, ok, so Achamian is definitely, tragically, ironically, going to be delivering the No-God (Mimara) right to the Consult.

Mimara will see Aurang/Aurax--they will be wreathed in glory.

The nameless Dunyain kid is going to be fucknuts with the psukhe.  Pure Dunyain blood plus emotions!!!  That kid vs Kelmomas in some kind of 10 round fight.

Somnambulist

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Incontinent Water-bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 03:16:17 pm »
That kid vs Kelmomas in some kind of 10 round fight.

This!  This is what I'm waiting for.
No whistling on the slog!

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 03:28:55 pm »
For real though, Mimara is changing, and that is disturbing.  If there is a soul in that fancy shirt she's wearing, well that won't be good.  Sorweel all over again.

Well, Akka does cryptically say something like, "there was a reason this was all in the Coffers."  I'm looking for the quote now, but I can't find it right now...
I am a warrior of ages, Anasurimbor. . . ages. I have dipped my nimil in a thousand hearts. I have ridden both against and for the No-God in the great wars that authored this wilderness. I have scaled the ramparts of great Golgotterath, watched the hearts of High Kings break for fury. -Cet'ingira

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2016, 03:29:37 pm »

Well, Akka does cryptically say something like, "there was a reason this was all in the Coffers."  I'm looking for the quote now, but I can't find it right now...

and that knife!  cutting chorae!!!  wtf!

mrganondorf

• Old Name
  • Nurse Leweth
  • PSUKHE ALL THE THINGS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2016, 05:14:30 pm »
Got to wonder about the bit about Dunyain who were sent out and didn't return.  Are they still roaming (like Sarl) or did Kellhus or The Consult get them? 

Think if the Consult caught one, it was one of the few, they compulsed it to learn sorcery, will use it against Kellhus.  Aurang can't meta-gnosis but he can make a puppet do it!

It seemed like Koringhus was a little on the young side to be breeding already, no?  Maybe that's no big deal for the Dunyain.

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2016, 05:21:02 pm »
Breeding young means quicker generations, more mutation, faster results, perhaps?

Blackstone

• The Afflicted Few
  • Kijneta
  • Kellhus Apologist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2016, 07:22:22 pm »

How do you think Mimara is changing?

Got to wonder about the bit about Dunyain who were sent out and didn't return.  Are they still roaming (like Sarl) or did Kellhus or The Consult get them? 

Think if the Consult caught one, it was one of the few, they compulsed it to learn sorcery, will use it against Kellhus.  Aurang can't meta-gnosis but he can make a puppet do it!

It seemed like Koringhus was a little on the young side to be breeding already, no?  Maybe that's no big deal for the Dunyain.

If the Consult wanted a Dunyain, they could have captured one when they leveled Ishual.
Honor the Niom? Niom is my middle name.

Somnambulist

• The Afflicted Few
  • Old Name
  • Incontinent Water-bearer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2016, 08:31:49 pm »

My take on that was he was remembering Moenghus and Kellhus (those who went out and didn't return), and the suicides were the ones Moe contacted.  I believe he was referencing that series of events.
No whistling on the slog!

Madness

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Conversational Batman
  • Strength on the Journey - Journey Well
    • View Profile
    • The Second Apocalypse
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2016, 02:19:41 pm »
Lol - MG, right back at it again with the insane speculations ;).

That kid vs Kelmomas in some kind of 10 round fight.

This!  This is what I'm waiting for.

If MG is right and there is a gap in between TAE and TSTSNBN, I imagine Kelmomas and The Boy will be some of our principals. If they meet in TUC-proper, I'm going to guess that Kelmomas is probably going to hate The Boy.

Yeah - that quote, H, I believe refers to the knife after Achamian has seen The Boy scrape at the Chorae with it. We know Emilidis wrought only the "best of" sorcerous objects.

As per the nimil mail Mimara is wearing, we'd previously maintained to separate categories of sorcerous objects, "Weapons of Animata" and "Sorcerous Objects." The former requiring a soul, the latter requiring only the inscription of sorcery. I don't share MG's opinion that Mimara is changing as of the result of nimil mail version of the Amiolas - she's just actually a True Prophet of Earwa, unlike Kellhus, and I'm so excited for her newfound self-assurance.

Lol - I mentioned this to Wilshire but in one of the Casts the members discussing joke about someone snorting Qirri and they laugh and I laugh. Jokes.

I have more disordered fractions with thoughts but I'll need to muse longer and let this thread take some more shape.
The Existential Scream
Weaponizing the Warrior Pose - Declare War Inwardly
carnificibus: multus sanguis fluit
Die Better
The Theory-Killer

H

• The Zero-Mod
  • Old Name
  • The Honourable H
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2016, 12:10:26 pm »
Yeah - that quote, H, I believe refers to the knife after Achamian has seen The Boy scrape at the Chorae with it. We know Emilidis wrought only the "best of" sorcerous objects.

Yeah, I found the quote, but lost it again, haha.

My point was that knife is going to kill someone.  Someone who uses a Chorae and think they can't be hurt, since it can somehow remain ensorcelled even in the face of the Aporos...

Wilshire

• Administrator
  • Old Name
  • Enshoiya
  • One of the other conditions of possibility
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2016, 11:12:48 pm »
No-God = Zero-God = Yatwer, amirite???
I really don't think so. Something that comes even before Her.
I'll say it now, TZG is not the NG. The names are a red-herring.

Zero-God is the God of everything (and possibly nothing), aka The Absolute.
TZG is only The Absolute because It comes before everything. If something comes before It, then that It because the new Absolute, the new breath-that-is-ground. There can be but one self-moving soul. TZG as we know it could still, then, be the god of everything, but not be the Absolute.

Breeding young means quicker generations, more mutation, faster results, perhaps?
Brings up Whale-Mothers. Why would men be selected for physical and mental acuity and women selected for being giant whales? The only reason I can come up with is because the Dunyain needed to breed as much and as frequently as possible. Shorter generations means less time to breed the intellectual acuity to become a self moving soul. This can be achieved in several ways:
Breeding at younger ages. The early a woman can bare children, the more children she can have.
The older she can still bare viable children, the she can have total in her lifetime.
Shorter time period between birth and the next pregnancy
Shorter time to reach full term baby. I'm not sure the mother affects this, but I'm guessing a healthy momma that gives neutrants to babies more quickly means the baby grows faster.

These things might have selected for large women with wider hips, lead to retaining more fat and nutrient stores, and potentially selected against intellect.
Sorry if my misunderstanding of biology and pregnancy are grossly inadequate.

Yeah, I found the quote, but lost it again, haha.

My point was that knife is going to kill someone.  Someone who uses a Chorae and think they can't be hurt, since it can somehow remain ensorcelled even in the face of the Aporos...
We know so little about the sorcerous objects. Could be that they are just immune to the chorae because of the inscription. Recall the  Wathi Doll breaking the circle. When the words are broken, the circle loses the spell. A chorae does not remove the inscription, so the blade should, imo, remain ensorcelled after a chorae is removed. Does the blade dim when the chorae is brought to it? If so, that confirms my suspicion, which is that the chorae only affects the object when touching, but the inscription remains and then 'reactivates' the sorcery written into it once the chorae is removed.

On chorae, Esmi mention she sleeps under a dome of chorae. So, there is precedence now for chorae in objects, even large ones (Mr.Tall also have chorae armor, but I assume the room Esmi was in was even larger than that).
One of the other conditions of possibility.